Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres remembered Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn before Wednesday nights game and then went out and honour

in Kino 08.10.2019 07:07
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres remembered Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn before Wednesday nights game and then went out and honoured him the best way they could. Vapormax Off White Cena . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. "It was a little different today," said manager Bud Black, who played with Gwynn for one season at San Diego State. "Even when the game was over. I think everybody handles what has happened with Tony a little bit differently." Before the game, Mark Martinez, Gwynns top assistant at San Diego State, threw the ceremonial first pitch to Black. The Padres players and coaches then gathered around a large No. 19 painted on the grass in right field, which was Gwynns number and position, and observed a 19-second moment of silence. "It all sort of hit home and Im sure that the stadium, not just the 25 players, but all of us here in the stadium, have come across Tony," Black said. Starters Felix Hernandez and Andrew Cashner pitched well but didnt get a decision. Hernandez struck out 10 and allowed only three singles in seven innings, with no walks. But he allowed the Padres to tie it at 1 on a wild pitch with two outs in the sixth. Everth Cabrera started the winning rally by beating out an infield single on a chopper against Charlie Furbush (0-4). Cabrera was sacrificed over by Alexi Amarista and scored on Medicas liner to centre. James Jones throw home was late and off line. It was Medicas second game-winning hit of the season. Medica had met Gwynn a few times, and had played against San Diego State while at Santa Clara. The Padres lost their first two games after Gwynn died, at Seattle. "You could see it on the road, even in Seattle, I mean, there were Tony Gwynn jerseys all over the place," Medica said. "You could see how much he meant to baseball, let alone the San Diego Padres organization. You could see it again tonight, and all the great things hes done for this team and for baseball. Im sure he was smiling down after that win." It was the most runs the Padres have scored in four games. They had lost three straight, including two in Seattle. Joaquin Benoit (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth. Huston Street worked the ninth for his 19th save in as many chances. Hernandez allowed a leadoff single to Seth Smith in the first and then retired the next 15 batters until Amarista beat out an infield single. Cashner sacrificed Amarista, who took third on Smiths groundout and scored on Hernandezs wild pitch to tie the game at 1. "It was a changeup and I threw it too hard," Hernandez said. "That was a tough loss for us. I missed a lot of pitches." Said manager Lloyd McClendon: "It was a tough game for the Seattle Mariners, not just Felix. Those things happen. They had their best guy on the mound and we had our best guy on the mound. It was one of those games where we knew it was going to be close." Cashner allowed one run and seven hits in seven innings, struck out two and walked two. The Mariners took a 1-0 lead in the second when Mike Zunino was hit by a pitch, took third on Dustin Ackleys single and scored on Brad Millers single. NOTES: The Padres are wearing a patch with No. 19 inside a home plate logo on their jerseys, over the players hearts. Theyre wearing a JC star patch to honour Hall of Fame broadcaster Jerry Coleman, who died Jan. 5 at 89. ... The Padres have scheduled a public tribute to Gwynn for June 26 at Petco Park starting at 7:19 p.m., symbolic because Gwynn made his Padres debut on July 19, 1982. ... Seattle DH Corey Hart (strained left hamstring) and OF Michael Saunders (right AC joint inflammation) are expected to come off the DL on Friday. ... Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko, who has plantar fasciitis in his left foot, is out of a boot and cast but apparently is a ways away from returning. "Its been better," Gyorko said of the injury. ... The Padres plan to place 1B Yonder Alonso (sore right wrist) on the DL and bring up Jake Goebbert. ... The series concludes Thursday afternoon when Seattle RHP Erasmo Ramirez (1-4, 5.27) is scheduled to oppose RHP Jesse Hahn (1-1, 3.72). Nike Vapormax Cz .com) - On a night the Bulls played without Derrick Rose, it was time for Pau Gasol to take charge. Vapormax Plus Dámské . -- Downcast before the final game of what had been a difficult road trip, the Ottawa Senators found a way to dig out a little momentum in the desert before heading home. http://www.vapormaxlevne.cz/vapormax-flyknit-boty.html . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck.JOLIET, Ill. -- Chase Elliott is proving to be a quick study. A few questions for his teammates and a couple practice laps, and he was ready to roll in his first race at Chicagoland Speedway. Elliott held off Trevor Bayne to earn his third Nationwide Series win of the season Saturday night, putting the rookie on top of the standings. "We had an awesome race going," Elliott said. "I try to make the most of my practice laps. They gave me a good car. That gives me time to learn the track in practice." Elliott had a strong car all day long for JR Motorsports, qualifying third and leading a race-high 85 laps. Bayne tried to chase him down on fresh tires in the final laps, but ran out of time. "The gap was closing," Bayne said. "Probably 10 more laps, but well never know." Elliott, the son of former NASCAR champion Bill Elliott, also won in his first trips to Texas and Darlington this year. He leads the standings by seven points over Regan Smith. Chase Elliott said Smith and Kasey Kahne provided some importance advice about the track. "I did have some questions that I asked, and I definitely think that helped tonight," he said. "So thankful to have a couple great teammates and good to have something to lean back on with those guys." Kyle Larson was third, followed by Kahne and Ty Dillon to round out the top five. Brian Scott, who started on the pole, finished sixth and earned $100,000 in the second event of the four-race "Dash 4 Cash" bonus program. Kahne and Larson were the lone Sprint Cup regulars in the field on an off weekend for NASCARs top series. Everyone comes back to Chicagoland in September on the same weekend that the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship begins at the 1. Vapormax Flyknit Pánská. 52-mile oval. The night began with a pair of Richard Childress Racing teammates in front after Scott and Dillon had the best showing in qualifying. It was Scotts second pole of the season and No. 4 for his career. He won his first Nationwide Series pole at Chicagoland on Sept. 17, 2011. Scott led for 20 laps before Elliott moved in front. Erik Jones finished seventh in his Nationwide debut, driving Joe Gibbs Racings No. 20 Toyota. The 18-year-old Jones won the Truck Series race last week at Iowa in the No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota he shares with Busch. Jones also won a Truck race last year in Phoenix. Jones is expected to make two more Nationwide starts in Matt Kenseths car this season. "It was definitely a learning experience for me and everybody involved," he said. "I feel like I learned a lot the whole night and really picked up on some things that will help me through the next couple." Jones got some advice from Busch in preparation for his first run in the series. "A lot of what we talked about was working through traffic and it definitely helped out," Jones said. "It was something I was able to apply right away tonight and use to my advantage." Smith, who led the series standings by eight points over Elliott Sadler coming into the day, started 15th after a disappointing qualifying session, and it just got worse during the race. He never got into the mix on his way to 16th place. It was similar to last year, when Smith was on top of the series heading into the first stop at Chicagoland, and then slid into the infield on Lap 129 and finished 13th. He had the same finish in the September race at the same track. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: