Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings will try to avoid their longest losing streak in over six years on Saturday night when they

in Haus der Smith´s 24.01.2018 06:39
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings will try to avoid their longest losing streak in over six years on Saturday night when they open up a homestand against the Vancouver Canucks. J.R. Sweezy Jersey . The Canucks are a solid 10-2-2 in their last 14, but are coming off a 4-2 setback to the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday. Brad Richardson and Zac Dalpe scored in the Canucks second straight loss, while Eddie Lack yielded all four goals on 33 shots as Vancouver put forth a performance that disappointed head coach John Tortorella. "It was our worst game of the year," Tortorella said. "We deserved to lose that one. I just think it was a game that we were out of sorts, out of sync, and it wasnt just one particular guy. It was the whole team." Lack made his third straight start since Roberto Luongo suffered a lower-body injury on Dec. 22. However, Luongo will return to action after Vancouver sent goaltender Joacim Eriksson back to the American Hockey League on Thursday. Luongo is 14-10-5 with a 2.33 goals against average and three shutouts in his career versus the Kings, while Lack has faced them just once before in relief on Nov. 9, stopping 13-of-14 shots faced. The Kings have won the two previous meetings between the clubs this season and have split their last six at home versus the Canucks. The Kings have dropped five straight in regulation, capping a winless four- game road trip with Thursdays 5-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues. Martin Jones got the start between the pipes for Los Angeles, but was pulled in the second period after allowing two goals on 14 shots. Ben Scrivens stopped only nine of the 12 shots he faced in relief. "Were down on ourselves, but we cant be," said Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. "We need to pick ourselves up. We need to get that confidence back." After allowing just eight goals in winning the first eight starts of his NHL career, Jones has yielded seven goals in three straight losses. Scrivens, meanwhile, has not won since Dec. 2, losing three straight starts, as the duo is slumping in place of the injured Jonathan Quick. There is a good chance that Quick will return tonight from a strained groin that has sidelined him since Nov. 12. The Kings now begin a five-game homestand on their longest losing streak since dropping five in a row from Dec. 3-13, 2011. A loss tonight would give Los Angeles its longest skid since it dropped eight in a row from Dec. 12-26, 2007. Robert McClain Jersey . Goergl, the 2011 world champion, started 28th after the other top contenders had already gone down but had the fastest time at each interval. Goergl finished the demanding 3-kilometre Kaelberloch course in 1 minute, 47. Jacquies Smith Jersey . If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles. http://www.shoptheofficialbuccaneers.com/Elite-Mike-Evans-Buccaneers-Jersey/ . The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the search, confirmed reports by several media outlets. The interview took place in Southern California on Monday.When Kevin Martin decided to retire this year, he thought hed have plenty of company. The dean of Canadian curlers -- with four national titles, a world championship, both a gold and silver at the Olympics and a record 18 Grand Slams on the World Curling Tour -- looked around and saw plenty his age or older holding brooms. "I thought this year there would be a lot of guys retiring," Martin, 47, said Tuesday. "I thought I would just be one of the many. As it turns out, Im the only one. Theres nobody else, Im the only guy!" Instead of retiring, other senior skips have played a game of musical chairs as teams have reformed and players have moved about the country. And Martin says the desire to secure that all-important Olympic berth is the reason. "The shuffling I think is completely because of the Olympics and that curling has become a four-year sport," he said. Younger teams are looking at skips at or near 50-plus and wondering whether they have what it takes to compete, not just next season but also down the road. And those skips who have never won that Olympic berth (as Martin did three times, failing to earn a medal in 1992) are reluctant to give up while they think theres still a chance. Manitobas Jeff Stoughton, 50, who has parted ways with his former team and formed a new one and Ontarios Glenn Howard, 51, who has seen his squad fragment as well, are cases in point. "Its hard I think for young guys to be with a 50, 51, 52 or whatever age guy and think four years down the road," Martin said. "Thats not easy. "Jeff and Glenn still play brilliantly but will they in four years? I dont think they can answer that." The result has been a lot of movement. "Its really exciting. Its probably the most excitement Ive seen in our sport in a long time," said Martin. "I think the young guys that are coming up are dealing with it really well by doing all of these shakeups and trying to figure out how they can get the very, very best team." The latest move was Kevin Koes former Alberta team, which is the reigning national champion, picking up former B.C. skip John Morris on Tuesday to take them into key events next season, including a return trip to the Tim Hortons Brier. Its the first time the current mens champion will get an automatic ticket without haviing to win a provincial title. Doug Martin Jersey. Two younger teams at the elite level remain intact: Olympic gold-medallist Brad Jacobs, 28, and his team from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., and Mike McEwen, 33, from Winnipeg. Former Olympic champ Brad Gushue, 33, from Newfoundland and Labrador has made only one move, returning former teammate Mark Nichols, who had been curling with Stoughton. After finishing out of the medals at the world championships, Koe, 39, announced a new team that includes Marc Kennedy at third, Ben Hebert at lead and Brent Laing at second. Kennedy and Hebert won Olympic gold with Martin and Laing was a two-time world champion with Howard. "Those are your top four I think going forward," said Martin of those four teams. After watching all the moves, though, does Martin have any second thoughts about his decision to quit the game? "I am so ready. To be honest with you, I think I was ready after Vancouver," he insists. But Martin recognizes that had he pulled the plug then, at the age of 43, he might have come out of retirement. Theres no chance of that now. "Im in a real good spot, Im busy outside the ice," he said. "Theres tons of stuff going on." First, hes got a new job as a broadcaster and curling ambassador with Rogers Sportsnet. Then theres his curling store in Edmonton, part interest in a golf-course development in Phoenix and his curling academies to run. For Martin, the icing on the cake this year was going out a winner after being disappointed at the Olympic curling trials. He beat Jacobs 4-3 in the mens final Sunday to win the Players Championship in the final tournament of his career, his 18th Grand Slam win on the professional tour he played a role in developing. "To have the 18th Slam work out . . . it makes it all that much easier," he said. As for the only thing he regrets in a lifetime of curling, it was that failure to medal in 1992, when curling was still an Olympic demonstration sport. He knew he wasnt good enough to win gold that year. "But then we played the U.S. in the bronze game and thats a game I think we should have won," Martin said. For one thing, it would have given him one of each medal. "The one game . . . over all the years that Id like to have back is that bronze game in 1992," he added. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: