Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

Justin Wilson braced himself for what he expected to be a hard hit into the wall at Auto Club Speedway when he lost control of h

in Wolfblood 25.01.2019 04:05
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

Justin Wilson braced himself for what he expected to be a hard hit into the wall at Auto Club Speedway when he lost control of his car in the IndyCar season finale. William Carrier Jersey . Confusion set in when the British driver felt a searing pain before he ever reached it. Tristan Vautier, unable to see through the smoke of Wilsons spinning car, had driven directly into the side of Wilsons car. The impact left Wilson with a pelvic fracture and a bruised lung. "I was spinning around, I can see the wall and getting ready to hit the wall, and before I got there, theres this big, big hurt," Wilson said in a telephone interview Monday with The Associated Press. "I thought, I dont understand this. I dont quite get why this hurt so much. Just the initial impact was really painful and felt like the whole car crumpled up." It was only later that Wilson understood what had happened, why he had blood running down his hand from a small cut and what caused the damage to his Dale Coyne Racing Honda. "The whole side of the car, it broke," Wilson said. "The tub was broken, right where the steering wheel is, in line with where the steering wheel is, vertically, all the way down the tub and then the same behind the seat, so that whole section is caved in." Wilson wont be able to put any weight on his right leg for at least six weeks, but was thankful the three pelvic fractures wont require surgery. He was hoping for a Monday release from the California hospital where hes been since Saturday night so he can return home to Colorado, where his wife and two young daughters are awaiting his return. But Wilson, who cycled 100 miles the weekend before the IndyCar finale for fellow racer and actor Patrick Dempseys charitable cause, will have his work cut out for him upon his return. His 5-year-old and 3-year-old girls may have a hard time understanding why their usually active father is now sedentary. "Daddys climbing frame is going to be out of action for a while," the 6-foot-4 Wilson said. "Trying to get them to understand I cant pick them up and I cant really twist in my hips too much is going to be hard. Just the little things you dont even realize. Trying to sit up in bed is so hard; you naturally twist your hips when you dont even think about it. "Its going to be frustrating for about four weeks, and then the pain should be easing up and then I should be getting more and more mobile." Its the second serious accident in two years for Wilson, who broke a bone in his back in 2011. He missed the final six races of the season and wore a back brace for more than two months as he was restricted from any physical activity. That back brace is very similar to the one Dario Franchitti was wearing in a photo his team released of the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner during his hospital stay after his Oct. 6 crash at Houston. Franchitti fractured two vertebrae and his right ankle and suffered a concussion when his car sailed into a fence on the last lap. Although the final two IndyCar races of the season resulted in two hospitalized drivers, credit has been given to Dallara DW12 that Franchitti and Wilson were not hurt more seriously. Wilson said replays of Franchittis accident reminded him of Jeff Krosnoffs fatal 1996 accident at Toronto. A track volunteer was also killed by debris from Krosnoffs crash; Franchittis wreck sent debris into the grandstands that injured 13 fans and one IndyCar official. "There are definitely things we can learn from this and we are going to be trying to work on and make it better and as safe as we can so we can walk away," Wilson said. "When I saw Darios crash, you naturally think the worst. I think back to Jeff Krosnoffs crash, when strange things like that happen, its just luck whether you go head first or the bottom of the car first. "Im sure Dario doesnt feel lucky, but were all thankful he went in with the bottom of the car first and it stood up pretty well." Wilson is also thankful the tubs where the driver sits in the DW12 were designed to be strong and absorb a hard hit. The new cars were introduced in 2012 and named after the late Dan Wheldon, who did much of the developmental testing for Dallara before his death in the 2011 IndyCar season finale. Although hes not sure the smaller sidepods on the DW12 in comparison to older cars would have made a difference in his injuries, Wilson thinks the series can study his accident. "Fortunately the tub is very strong, but I still think there are lessons we can learn from it," he said. "When another car hits you, that was always the point of the old cars, the big sidepods, on the Champ Cars, the old Indy car, the big sidepods that came past the cockpit, they would crumple. But on this car, we dont really have it. It hit right between. "It would be nice if we had big sidepods again. Im not saying it would have fixed that problem, but I think it would have helped. Im fortunate that the tub is so strong, it stood up to that hit." Paul Thompson Golden Knights Jersey .Y. - Joe Johnson hit six 3-pointers in his 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 18 points, and the Brooklyn Nets won their 11th straight at home, beating the Boston Celtics 114-98 Friday night. Vadim Shipachyov Golden Knights Jersey . The Mavericks avoided a season sweep by the Nuggets, who ran away with a win in Denver two weeks ago to hand Dallas its longest losing streak at three games. Dallas (42-28) got a boost in the playoff race when Miami rallied from seven down in the last 3 1/2 minutes to beat Memphis 91-86 Friday night. http://www.authenticgoldenknightsproshop.com/authentic-david-clarkson-golden-knights-jersey/ . Showing more spark after not taking enough challenging shots on goal in their 1-0 loss Friday night, the Bruins had 18 shots in the first period after managing just 25 in the entire opener. Luke Glendening cut Bostons lead to 2-1 at 13:20 of the second period before Milan Lucic scored late in the second and Zdeno Chara added a power-play goal early in the third. MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. It started with a pit road confrontation with Brad Keselowski, one that had Busch threatening over his radio to rearrange Keselowskis face when the race was finished, and ended with Busch ending an 83-race victory drought. The victory was his first for Stewart-Haas Racing, in just their sixth race together, suggesting that it could prove a very productive partnership, and one that a reflective Busch said he has learned to approach with a more mature attitude. "I ran a lot of my early part of my career as an individual and I didnt respect my team, my team owners," Busch said, adding that having Tony Stewart as a team owner has helped him learn the value of better team communication. Celebrating in Victory Lane also was emotional, too, because he got to do it for the first time with his son, Houston. "It was pretty emotional. To see him starry eyed and not knowing what he needed to do and I was directing him where he needed to stand and where he could see it all better and put him up on stage," Busch said, his voice cracking. "And to have him break down in tears, it got me crossed up because Ive been trying to deliver for him ... It kind of took it to a new level." Busch did it by passing Martinsville master Jimmie Johnson for the lead with 10 laps to go and holding off the eight-time winner to win at the track for the first time since October 2002. It was his 25th career Cup-level victory, and that it came in the most unlikely of places suggested to Busch that hes finally in the right place, team-wise and personally. "Youve got to put life in perspective, and you have to learn from your mistakes and you cant just sit there and try to muscle your way individually through certain situations," he said. "And so you rely on your experience level, you rely on your team, and this is a great day for me to be able to lift the trophy in Victory Lane for Stewart-Haas Racing." Johnson, with eight wins in 25 career starts on the 0.526-mile oval, led 11 times for 296 laps. He seemed on his way to another victory when he took the lead from Busch with 17 laps remaining. But Busch stayed close, ducked underneath Johnson seven laaps later and Johnson had nothing left to make a run at the lead, making for a polite-looking finish. Stefan Matteau Jersey. "Thats all I had," Johnson said. "Man, I ran the rear tires off the car. I flipped every switch and knob I could in there to get front brake and turns fans off and try to help bring my balance back." Just ahead, Busch wasnt sure he could hang on. He hadnt finished in the top 10 in his last 16 starts here. "I didnt know if wed be able to do it, you know? The 48 car is king here, him or the 24," he said in Victory Lane, referring to Johnson and his Hendrick Motorsports teammate, Jeff Gordon, who also has eight Martinsville victories. "Ive been on this journey for a while and every time you come to Martinsville, you just kind of draw a line through it like theres no way Ill be able to challenge those Hendrick guys or be up in the top 10," Busch said. When it was over, Busch brushed aside talk about his in-race comments about his feud with Keselowski, who claimed that Busch "just drove right through me and ruined my day" on pit road, causing Keselowski to lose 30 laps and retaliate. "He tried to flatten all four of my tires," Busch said of his former teammate with Roger Penske Racing. "Thats a no fly zone. ... He will get what he gets back when I decide to give it back." The race featured an event-record 33 lead changes, and Johnson expected there would be one more, but on a slippery day on the smallest circuit in NASCARs premier series, the cars at the end werent conducive to typical short-track racing. "Man, we were so on edge slipping and sliding," Johnson said about the final laps duel, during which there was very little of the beating and banging that usually typifies end-of-the-day racing at Martinsville. "I think the lack of security in our own car kept us from feeling more racy and putting a bumper to someone or really getting inside someone aggressively." Dale Earnhardt Jr. was third, followed by Joey Logano and Marcos Ambrose. Virginia native Denny Hamlin, a four-time winner at Martinsville stung by criticism when he missed last weeks race in Fontana, Calif., because of an eye infection, promised Friday that he would win, and qualified second, but finished 19th. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: