Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

TORONTO -- Roger Federer walked out of the tunnel for his opening match at the Rogers Cup, and the sight of Canadian flags remin

in Haus der Morris´s 11.01.2019 04:17
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Roger Federer walked out of the tunnel for his opening match at the Rogers Cup, and the sight of Canadian flags reminded him of what he was dealing with against hometown boy Peter Polansky. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . Red-and-white "Go Canada Go" signs filled the crowd at Rexall Centre on a day four Canadian mens players took the court. By the end of the night, they all left the tournament. Vasek Pospisil lost to Richard Gasquet, Frank Dancevic fell to Donald Young, Brayden Schnur was defeated by Andreas Seppi, and Polansky was blown out by Federer. With Eugenie Bouchard losing to American qualifier Shelby Rogers in Montreal, it was a dark day for Canadian tennis that left Milos Raonic as the countrys only hope. On the mens side in Toronto, Pospisils loss was the most surprising. Only two days after losing to Raonic in the Citi Open final, the Vancouver native was hampered by a right leg injury and fell 7-5, 7-5 to Gasquet in a rematch from last week. "I think Im just a little bit tired mentally, maybe," Pospisil said. "Just been on the road a lot of weeks. You need to be a 100 per cent at this level if youre playing against Richard. I wasnt feeling 100 per cent today." Adding injury to insult on a rough day for Canadian tennis, Pospisil was set to have an MRI on an abductor injury, which seized up at 5-all in the first set. It also forced him to withdraw from doubles action, where he was set to team up with regular partner Jack Sock of the United States. Pospisil said he had been bothered by the "strange feeling" in his leg off and on for a few weeks but didnt think it would be a long-term problem that would keep him out of last nexts event in Cincinnati or the U.S. Open. As a home-country fan favourite, the crowd was understandably behind Pospisil as he gutted through the injury. "He has an extra motivation because its being home," Gasquet said. "Its the same when Im playing in France. But yeah he had big expectations on him, especially here in Toronto." The loss drops Pospisil out of the top 40 of the ATP rankings. He had been 27th, just short of his career-best ranking of 25th. "He has no weaknesses," Gasquet said of Pospisil. "He has a very big forehand, very big serve, so its always tough for me to play against these kind of players. ... I know its a difficult opponent for me, but I played a good match." Polansky getting out-classed by Federer was the least shocking result of the day. But after beating 2013 Wimbledon finalist Jerzy Janowicz on Monday night, Polansky was happy to get an opportunity to face the 17-time Grand Slam champion. "Even though I lost 2 and 0, still really enjoyable, had a lot of good points," Polansky said. "Obviously that was my first time playing someone of that level. But, yeah, I thought it was a good match overall." Federer said hes normally not heartless when facing an overmatched opponent but knew he needed to block that out. "You never know when it can shift," said Federer, who needed all of 53 minutes to polish off Polansky. "You feel a little bit and then you end up losing the match." Raonic is the last Canadian standing in singles play at the Rogers Cup, after the four mens losses in Toronto and defeats by Bouchard, Aleksandra Wozniak and Francoise Abanda on the womens side in Montreal. Raonic plays his first Rogers Cup match Wednesday night against Sock, who beat Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-1, 6-3. Raonic beat Sock, a Nebraska native, in straight sets at Wimbledon and then again last week at the Citi Open in Washington. "Im definitely excited for tomorrow," Sock said of facing Raonic. "The juices will be flowing. He got me in my home country last week, so Im going to try to maybe get some revenge." Plenty of juices were flowing for Canadians in afternoon play in Toronto, but that wasnt enough. On the grandstand, the wheels fell off in the second set for Dancevic in a 5-7, 6-0, 6-3 defeat to American Donald Young. Dancevic said Young did a good job of adapting to his game. "He just started reading my serve in the second and third set," Dancevic said. "I couldnt get any more free points on my serve, my serve percentage dropped down a little bit and he just started playing better and better as the match went on. ... I felt like it was difficult to find answers for him." Similarly, Schnur had no answers for Seppi, losing 6-3, 6-3 in his ATP World Tour debut. "He was just a little bit better at everything, really, than me," the 19-year-old Pickering, Ont., native said. "He kept the balls deeper at the end of the court, pushed me back, made a lot more balls that Im not used to seeing come back, and didnt let me attack so often, thats for sure, took away my weapons." Schnur and Seppi waited out a rain delay of more than two hours before beginning their match on the grandstand court at Rexall Centre. Schnur said that didnt help his fatigue, but he acknowledged it being part of his learning process. "Nerves are always in my system," Schnur said. "It slowly tires you out going in and out, in and out, warming up, having to cool down. But its something that Im learning to get used to." Schnur got used to being the fan favourite during his qualifying matches over the weekend. Fans encouraged him with shouts of, "Come on, Brayden," against Seppi, but the home-country advantage wasnt enough against the Italian veteran. "Obviously at important moments, he missed a few important shots," said Seppi, who advances to face Ivan Dodig, who upset 10th-seeded John Isner. "I knew (Schnur) could serve pretty well, and I think he didnt have so good percentage on the first serve, otherwise it would be for sure tougher. I think he can for sure play pretty well, especially on the hard courts. It was his first match, so I think he handled it really well." Schnur plans to play a futures event in Calgary next week before returning to school at the University of North Carolina. He considered these few days in Toronto a benefit for his career. "Its good to see what I can improve on," Schnur said. "I gained a lot of confidence in my game. I think I played a lot better, even though I lost." In other play, fast-rising star Nick Kyrgios beat Santiago Giraldo, 7-6 (3), 7-5 to set up a match with No. 8 seed Andy Murray, No. 11 seed Ernests Gulbis beat Joao Sousa 6-3, 6-4, No. 16 seed Fabio Fognini beat Mikhail Youzhny 6-4, 6-3, No. 17 seed Tommy Robredo beat Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 7-6 (3), Ivo Karlovic beat Bernard Tomic 3-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6(6), Gael Monfils beat Radek Stepanek 6-3, 7-5, Malek Jaziri beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-4, 7-6 (6), Gilles Simon beat Dominic Thiem 3-6, 6-4, 6-0, Yen-Hsun Lu beat Marcel Granollers 7-6 (6), 7-5 and third-seeded Stan Wawrinka defeated Benoit Paire 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (2). Air Max 95 Wholesale Uk . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". Nike Air Max 95 Outlet Uk . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. http://www.airmax95uk.com/ .Carla Fontes hadnt cut her hair since intermediate school, but her coach at Waiakea High School, Stan Haraguchi, thought the locks flowing below her waist were interfering with the sport.The Vancouver Canucks are trying to complete a season-high road trip with a winning record, which is something the Montreal Canadiens failed to accomplish over the first week of December. The Canadiens open a five-game homestand Tuesday night against the Canucks, and theyll likely do so with fresh combinations of lines to spark their struggling scoring. Catch all the action on TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver and TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, with coverage starting at 5:30pm et/2:30pm pt. After a 16-5-1 start, Montreal has scored 13 goals on a 1-5-1 stretch, including Saturdays 4-1 loss in Dallas to cap a 1-3-0 trip. If Mondays practice was any indication, the Canadiens (17-10-2) will deploy center Alex Galchenyuk, Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher on the top line. Pacioretty, who had spent the entire season with center David Desharnais, leads the team with 12 goals and is tied with Tomas Plekanec at 20 points. Pacioretty doesnt have a point in three games and is OK with the shuffling. At times during the season, things just go stale, Pacioretty told the teams official website. Thats whats happening right now. Weve got to try to change things up and find a spark. Hopefully with the new lines, everyone can contribute. Moves like these give you that fresh feeling. You come to the rink and you feel like its Day 1 of training camp. ... I think everyone in the room has a little bit of a spark right now, and hopefully it can translate into the game. Pacioretty has scored five goals in his last three games against Vancouver and has eight points on a five-game streak. One of those goals came in a 3-2 overtime loss in Vancouver on Oct. 30. Montreal, though, has won six of eight matchups. The Canucks (18-8-2) are making their final stop on a seven-game trip that has thus far produced a 3-2-1 rrecord. Cheap Air Max 95 Online. After Sundays 4-3 overtime loss to Ottawa, theyre in danger of dropping three straight for the first time. Settling for a point against the Senators certainly wasnt what the Canucks planned on after building a 3-0 lead on Brad Richardsons goal early in the second period. Richardson has emerged in the last six games with four goals and four assists after managing seven points in the first 22. Radim Vrbata had a goal and an assist and Kevin Bieksa also scored, but the Canucks went on the penalty kill seven times and lost all momentum. Its a lesson, Bieksa told the teams official website. We were in control. We were doing all the right things, then penalties and the next thing you know, we werent getting pucks deep, were turning pucks over, our D zone was a little bit sloppy, our forecheck was non-existent at times. All the things that have made us successful, we stopped doing. You cant take the little things for granted. Eddie Lack made 41 saves and is 2-0-2 with a 1.77 goals-against average in his last six games, while Ryan Miller has struggled lately. The first-year Vancouver starter has a 4.60 GAA over a 1-2-0 span. In Montreal, though, hes posted a 1.50 GAA on a 4-1-0 stretch. Montreals Carey Price played in all four games on the trip and posted a 3.05 GAA, but hes 5-1-0 with a 1.67 GAA in the last month at home. Price suffered the overtime loss earlier this season against Vancouver but is 5-1-2 with a 2.34 GAA in nine career matchups. The Canadiens will be without defenseman Mike Weaver, who suffered a concussion against Dallas. Center Lars Eller is dealing with an upper-body injury, and defenseman Bryan Allen has missed practice time with the flu. Canucks center Shawn Matthias missed the Ottawa game with a head injury and is day to day. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: