Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

TORONTO – Sitting a stall over from his prospective rookie teammate in the Maple Leafs dressing room, Paul Ranger concedes that

in Highschool 27.07.2018 04:55
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

TORONTO – Sitting a stall over from his prospective rookie teammate in the Maple Leafs dressing room, Paul Ranger concedes that he often loses sight of just how old Morgan Rielly actually is. Malcolm Butler Jersey . "It doesnt even enter my mind most of the time," Ranger told TSN.ca, he and Rielly paired together yet again on Tuesday night. "Its moreso as hes just my partner and he just can play." Remaining in question for the Leafs with the opener in Montreal drawing near is whether its best for the 19-year-old to play right away. Suiting up in all but one of six exhibition games so far, Rielly continues to offer "flashes of definitely being ready" as Dave Nonis put it recently, while also showing his age and inexperience at times, too. For head coach Randy Carlyle, the decision, a difficult one, will lie in whether its best for the teenage defender to stick around and play 12-15 minutes nightly in the NHL or head back to the junior ranks in Moose Jaw. Its a decision rife with complexities. Rielly has, at times, oozed the potential which saw the Leafs happily select him with the fifth overall pick in 2012. In question though, is whether that case is definitive enough for the club to risk keeping him for the full 82-game season. The internal debate likely to ensue, and surely already ongoing, is not quite so simple as to whether he is ready now, but still ready in January, February and further on down the line. Its a question of which course is best for the long-term development of the organizations top prospect. Formerly the bench boss in Anaheim, Carlyle faced a similar conundrum with the Ducks in the fall of 2010. There he opted to keep a then-18-year-old Cam Fowler in the NHL, doling out big minutes – 22 per night – to the 12th overall pick from the outset of an eventual 47-win team. "Theyre two young players obviously that are trying to cut their teeth and take the first step into the NHL," Carlyle said Tuesday of Fowler and Rielly. "Theyre both talented young defencemen." Of his evaluation process for the like-minded prospects, Carlyle said he aimed to play both in a variety of situations over the course of the exhibition schedule, implying that judgment as to their readiness would be made in whether they "continue to play and theyre not failing". "Randy knows what hes looking for," Nonis said over the weekend, before contrasting Rielly to the case Carlyle faced in Anaheim with Fowler. "I think he was always looking for [Fowler] to falter and he never did and Randy used him more and more. And if he wouldve faltered, Im sure Randy wouldve pulled him out. Thats the same kind of scenario here with Morgan. If hes ready, then hell go in." Two years ago, in the fall of 2011, that case was a slam-dunk for a then-21-year-old Jake Gardiner. Gardiner separated himself from the instant he stepped on the ice at training camp under Ron Wilson and never looked back, speeding toward all-rookie team honours. Though hes looked the part in stretches during the exhibition season, the case isnt quite so definitive for Rielly. With the Senators in town on Tuesday, Rielly played 20 minutes and appeared to struggle at times – unusually with the puck – on the ice for all three goals against, though he also helped to instigate the Leafs game-opening goal. "Is it better for him to play with our hockey club, the 12-15 minutes a night when he plays and to practice than going back to his junior situation?" Carlyle opined of Rielly earlier this fall. "Those are tough decisions…" Complicating matters is an unsettled situation on defence. The Rielly conversation might just be moot if Cody Franson were signed and with his teammates at camp, but in his continued absence, the club would appear to have one position open and available in their top-6, the likes of Rielly, John-Michael Liles, Korbinian Holzer and T.J. Brennan competing to fill the role. Though he has much to prove at this level, Rielly might just be the most attractive option of the group at the moment with his tantalizing skill-set, but again, the Leafs must debate whether now is also best for later. "If he does go back, he has a good coach there," Nonis said of Moose Jaw head coach Mike Stothers. "I think thats one area you look at and say is he being coached by a quality staff and the answer is yes. Would he have a major impact on the World Junior team? I think the answer there is yes. Theres some things that could happen to him that would be good for him. That doesnt mean that he should go back. If he really is ready to play here and he can play a significant role, then theres nothing wrong with keeping him at 19." Though the decision will ultimately fall to Carlyle, with input from Nonis and team brass, a decision on Rielly does not necessarily need to be made in the next week. The Leafs can play the B.C. native in up to nine regular season games before they would be faced with the choice of burning a year of his entry-level contract. "I think hes played well," Carlyle said of Rielly, following the 3-2 exhibition loss to the Senators. "I think hes acquitted himself very well." Well enough is the question. Five Points 1. Rielly scouting report The first word to emerge from Ranger when questioned on Rielly was "speed". "Hes quick with his decisions and he reads the plays very quickly," Ranger said of his younger teammate, noting his instincts for jumping into the play offensively. "He has the physical ability to be able to make passes and make plays and adjust at this level. So far, its been great." 2. Clarkson accepts his fate Sentenced to 10 games for leaving the Toronto bench during a brawl with Buffalo on Sunday, David Clarkson summed up his intents quite well in his first session with media following the incident. "I sometimes make decisions with my heart, not my head," he said. "I saw a teammate that I felt was in trouble and my reaction was to help." Though he regretted the eventual outcome of his actions, Clarkson made clear that his instincts would continue to lie in defending teammates, much as he attempted to do in light of John Scotts attempted throttling of Phil Kessel. "Its like if you have a little brother and you feel like hes in trouble or you feel like theres a situation, you can get out and help," the 29-year-old continued. "That was the feeling I had in my belly. I had a feeling to do something and Ive got to pay the consequences for it. "Everything happened so quick," he continued. "I saw something go on that I hadnt seen, hadnt been apart of, so its hard for anyone to say anything unless youre sitting there and youve got your feet in my skates. Ive never seen something like that go down before … I was just going in there to help and settle things down. That was the intent." Clarkson considered appealing the suspension, but ultimately chose to accept the sentence. His Leafs debut will have to wait until October 25th in Columbus. 3. Raymond sticks out At 27-years-old with six NHL seasons under his belt, Mason Raymond probably shouldnt feel quite like a crafty old vet. And yet with widespread youth on the Toronto roster – Joffrey Lupul, Jay McClement and John-Michael Liles are the only three potential regulars over 30 – thats exactly how the newly signed Raymond felt when he joined the Leafs at training camp on a professional tryout earlier this month. "As hard as it is to believe, I feel like Im an older guy on this team," said Raymond, inked to a one-year deal worth $1 million. Facing an unfamiliar situation when he arrived at camp without a contract this fall, Raymond quickly stuck out with his wheels. "When we brought him in on a tryout, the expectations were that he was going to be able to make an impression and he didnt fall short," Carlyle observed of his new asset. "It was pretty easy to pick him out – it still is when hes out there. He has the ability to grab you with that speed." A natural left-winger, Raymond played some right wing and centre during his stint with the Canucks and is open to moving around if needed. Stuck without Clarkson for the opening 10 games of the regular season, the Leafs have a hole to fill at right wing – likely alongside Nazem Kadri and Joffrey Lupul – one that Raymond or perhaps Nik Kulemin could be charged to fill. "I dont think its too much to adjust to," he said of moving to the off-wing if needed. 4. Lupul speaks out Joffrey Lupul didnt mince words when questioned on Clarkson and the fallout of Sabres melee. "Im never going to say anything bad for a teammate sticking up for another teammate," Lupul said of Clarkson, who rushed to the aid of teammates on Sunday, suspended by the league on Monday. "Thats what were taught right from day one and something we preach in this locker room. Your initial reaction for sure is everyone to go out there and stick up for a teammate." What Lupul couldnt grasp though were the actions of Scott, the 6-8 Sabres behemoth who initiated the brawl with an attempted attack on Kessel. "You dont expect one of the top-5 toughest guys, biggest guys in the NHL, to do something like that," said Lupul, now a veteran of nine seasons. "Ive never seen that in all the years Ive played. Its pretty embarrassing for him and Im sure he doesnt feel well about it now." Following a late afternoon hearing with dean of discipline, Brendan Shanahan, Kessel was suspended for the remainder of the pre-season schedule. Stung with a match penalty for a flurry of slashes at the shins of Scott, Kessel retreated as the Buffalo enforcer was mauled by a pair of teammates. "The thing about a guy of that size, its not like Phil could possibly fight him and get out of it unhurt," Lupul opined of the 6-foot, 200-pound Kessel. "The guys outweighing him by close to 100 pounds. Its not possible. So what are you going to do? Youre going to whack him with your stick. I think its a whack in the shin-pads, a hard whack. But it couldve been a lot higher and with a lot of players it mightve been a lot higher. [For] a lot of guys in the league, if Scott drops their gloves and comes at them like that, he might be missing his front row teeth. You can say its a hard whack and I know theyre upset about the whack but its in the shin-pads." 5. Mobility work The after effects and healing process of a fractured orbital bone took a chunk out of Mark Frasers offseason. But when back to full health, Fraser went to work, targeting one specific area of his game. "For me its an ongoing process of trying to become a better skater," he said. More specifically, Fraser has eyes on improving his lateral mobility, easier said than done for a player registered at 6-4 and 220 pounds. Working with Leafs skating consultant Barb Underhill, Fraser looked to improve his form in the summer months. "Its like in sprinting," he explained, "you can try to run as fast as you want, but until you actually have proper form, you wont actually run as fast as youre capable of." The 26-year-old gleaned that he could expend less energy with better form, specifically by powering off one leg in an athletic position when pivoting. "A lot it is learning how to properly use your edges," Fraser explained. "We can all stand up and skate fine, but its properly using your edges and a lot of the core strength that actually helps make an efficient stride. Its expending less energy which is something I havent really mastered yet." Luke Stocker Titans Jersey . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off. Xavier Sua-Filo Jersey .J. Ellis hit an RBI single in the ninth inning, Hanley Ramirez hit a tape-measure, three-run homer in the first against Cliff Lee and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-3 on Saturday night. http://www.authenticfootballshoptitans.com/customized/ .com) - Stanley Johnson had 18 points and No.ORLANDO, Fla. -- Arron Afflalos career-best scoring night will be memorable for a lot more than the 36 points he scored to help the Orlando Magic rally past the Milwaukee Bucks 94-91. Afflalo scored 29 of his 36 in the second half, including 11 straight Magic points from the seven-minute mark down to the final seconds when he slipped a pass through a crowd of defenders to Nikola Vucevic for a layup that gave the Magic the final 94-91 lead. Afflalo then finished his night by stealing by the ball from O.J. Mayo as the Bucks scrambled to get off a game-tying 3-pointer before the final buzzer. For the game, he hit 11 of 15 shots, including 8 of 11 on 3-pointers, and had eight rebounds and six assists. "Arron was extremely efficient tonight," Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. "It was just old-school drive-and-kick basketball. Sometimes the game is just that simple." Afflalo and the Magic were stumbling all over themselves against the outmanned and injury-ravaged Bucks, trailing by 19 points in the middle of the second quarter and looking so lifeless that Vaughn had played every player in uniform by halftime. Then Afflalo started the second half with three straight 3-pointers, had five 3s in the period and seven in the second half to keep the Magic from what would have been an embarrassing defeat. "I was a little disappointed with our energy in the first half," said Afflalo, who noticed that the Bucks defence sagged every time the ball went inside. "So I had a lot of open looks. I was fortunate my 3-ball was going down." Milwaukee played the entire game without injured starters Brandon Knight and Zaza Pachulia and top reserve Gary Neal. The Bucks played the last two minutes of the game without starter Caron Butler, who injured his shoulder and didnt return after scoring 20 points. Mayo led the Bucks with 25 points. Khris Middleton had 19 points and eight rebounds. John Henson added 10 points and nine boards. "We did wear down, you could tell," Milwaukee Coach Larry Drew said. "When youre missing seven guys, and you come in and give that kind of effort, me as a coach, I have to be grateful. As short-handed as we were, we still put ourselves in great position. We just didnt make plays down the sstretch. Rashaan Evans Jersey. " Mayo, who was triple-teamed as he tried to manoeuvr for a game-tying 3-pointer in the final seconds, gave the Magic and Afflalo credit. "It was a very winnable game, but you have to give credit where credit is due," Mayo said. "The Magic kept fighting and probably wanted it a little more than we did. (Afflalo) was teeing off on those 3s. He hit eight 3s and we needed to make adjustments." Afflalo, who had 15 points in the third quarter, scored another 14 in the fourth. His 3-pointer with 7:50 left put Orlando up 79-76, its first lead of the game. He hit another trey a minute later to push the Magic lead to 84-78, but had a hard time finding a partner to share the load. The Magic guard was the only offence his team had until the final seconds, when he drove to the basket and dished to Vucevic at the last moment for a layup that gave Magic their final margin. "I knew late in the game that I would draw a lot of attention," Afflalo said. "When I saw defenders come over, I knew Nik would be wide open. Afflalo hit three straight 3-pointers to start the second half and get Orlando within 57-54 with 9:05 left in the third quarter, but Mayo scored five straight points for Milwaukee and weathered the storm, if only briefly. The Bucks pushed their lead back to 70-59 before Oladipo scored five straight and Afflalo nailed two more 3-pointers to finish an 11-0 run that tied the game at 70 with 2:50 left in the quarter. Butler had 12 and Mayo 10 in the first period when the Bucks ran out to a 36-23 lead. NOTES: Afflalos five 3-pointers in the third quarter tied the team record for most in one period. . Bucks C Zaza Pachulia sat out the game with a foot injury. ... The Magic were second in the NBA in field goal percentage defence before allowing Boston to shoot a league-best 60 per cent last Monday, dropping Orlando dropped to fifth. ... Milwaukee has not won a game in Orlando since 2004. ... Magic F Glen Davis, who hasnt played this season because of a broken foot, was fined by the team for an incident last Saturday at a local motel. Davis threw a computer keyboard against the lobby wall when he was told there were no rooms available at the Travelodge hotel in downtown Orlando. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: