Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

Ballmer deal on July 15

in Wolfblood 08.01.2018 02:08
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Michael Young slipped on a No. Roman Burki Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. He called his time in Texas the best years of his life. "I came kind of confident, and stubborn, with a lot to learn," Young said. "In a lot of ways was still immature, trying to figure out who I was, and what I wanted to do and what I wanted to be about, and I figured it all out here." A seven-time All-Star, Young is the Rangers career leader with 2,230 hits. The 37-year-old infielder finished as a career .300 hitter in 1,970 games for Texas, Philadelphia and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Texas acquired Young from Toronto in July 2000, along with reliever Darwin Cubillian, for pitcher Esteban Loaiza. Young made his major league debut playing twice the final weekend of that season. Young became a regular in the Rangers lineup after being called up in late May the next season. Texas went from being a last-place team to consecutive World Series in 2010 and 2011. He was traded last winter to Philadelphia, then to the Dodgers at the end of August before the playoffs. Young has three young sons, ages 17 months to 8 years old, who were all born in Dallas, where he and his wife still live. Playing away from home for the first time last season was difficult for Young, even though he loved his time with the Phillies and hometown Dodgers. "My boys are the driving reason why my playing days are done," Young said. "Youve got to be there with them, you have to be there for every success, every failure. If something doesnt go right, I want them to see me first." Had Young wanted to keep playing, he said the Dodgers made him a tempting offer that would have provided significant playing time. Young definitely wants to get back in baseball at some capacity in the future, but isnt in a rush to do so. Rangers general manager Jon Daniels, who got emotional at one point during his opening remarks, said the team certainly wants to have Young involved in some way. "The game of baseball is going to miss you, and I certainly hope you dont stay away from the game," said Texas manager Ron Washington, describing Young as the ultimate teammate. "I dont think this game will be able to survive without a Michael Young in it." Among the handouts Friday was a listing of all 2,375 of Youngs career hits -- it was almost all of 11 triple-columned pages. The first was a single at Baltimore on May 27, 2001, and the last was a double in a home game for the Dodgers against Colorado last Sept. 29. Originally a second baseman for Texas, Young voluntarily moved to shortstop after Alex Rodriguez was traded before spring training in 2004. Young was an All-Star each of his five seasons at shortstop and won a Gold Glove in 2008. Young switched to third base in 2009 and earned an All-Star nod at that position. He made that move when the Rangers promoted Elvis Andrus, then 20 years old and without ever playing above the Double-A level, to the big leagues. When third baseman Adrian Beltre signed with Texas before the 2011 season, Young became a utility player. He started at five different positions, made another All-Star game, led the AL with 213 hits and was part of the team that twice in Game 6 came within a strike of winning the World Series against St. Louis. "What sticks in my head most is the 2011, what I felt was a championship team that doesnt have a championship," he said. "It still eats at me -- a lot, actually. Im over it, but Im not. I dont want to spend too much time thinking about it. When I do, I still get a sick feeling in my stomach." Omer Toprak Jersey . JOHNS, N. Matthias Ginter Jersey . - Jason Day and Cameron Tringale shot an 8-under 64 on Friday in modified alternate-shot play to increase their lead to three strokes in the Franklin Templeton Shootout. http://www.dortmundfcshop.com/c-23-erik-durm-fc-borussia-dortmund-jersey.aspx . Then again, he really was at his home away from home. "It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night," Shields said after pitching Kansas City past the San Diego Padres 8-0 Wednesday.LOS ANGELES -- A raging Donald Sterling denounced his wife, her lawyers and the NBA from the witness stand Wednesday, saying he would never sell the Los Angeles Clippers and vowing a lifetime of lawsuits against the league. "Make no mistake today," Sterling shouted toward the end of his second day of testimony in the trial to determine his wifes right to make a $2 billion deal to sell the Clippers, "I will never, ever sell this team and until I die I will be suing the NBA for this terrible violation under antitrust." He was followed to the stand by wife Shelly, who tried to approach him in the front row of the courtroom after she was done for the day. "Get away from me, you pig!" Sterling shouted. The judge then admonished him to make no further comments. Sterling began his testimony by saying he loved his wife, but then denounced her. He said she told him to have psychiatric and neurological exams only because he had turned 80, and she was concerned for his health. "She deceived me. I trusted her," Sterling said. "I never thought a wife wouldnt stand for her husband." Donald Sterlings lawyers are challenging the authority of Shelly Sterling under the family trust to unilaterally cut a deal for the team with former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Before she made the deal, two doctors examined Donald Sterling and declared him mentally incapacitated and unable to act as an administrator of the Sterling Family Trust, which owns the Clippers. Sterling said he was certain his wife had never read the family trust because it was too complicated for her to understand. During examination by his own lawyer, Maxwell Blecher, Sterling was asked about his wifes position in the trust if he were to be disqualified as a trustee. "She has no rights whatsoever. She has no stock. She has no standing whatsoever," Sterling said. He also lashed out at the NBA, saying, "My wife was terrified. Shes frightenedd to death. Julian Weigl Jersey. She thinks the NBA will take away everything she worked for. She was scared out of her mind." The NBA banned Donald Sterling for life and moved to force him to sell the Clippers after a recorded conversation in which he made racist statements came to light earlier this year. He denied he was a racist from the witness stand when asked Wednesday. Sterling at times yelled at his own lawyer as well as the lawyer for Shelly Sterling, and threw a paper down on the witness box. He was followed to the stand by Shelly Sterling, who said she was a 50 per cent beneficiary of the family trust. When asked by her attorney Pierce ODonnell if she was "separated" from her husband of 58 years, she said "sort of." But she described herself as his principal caretaker, who takes him to medical appointments, makes sure he takes all of his pills, and is concerned for him. "Do you love your husband?" ODonnell asked. "Yes, I do," Shelly Sterling said. But she then told of seeing him in an interview on CNN and becoming frightened at his personality change. "I couldnt believe it, and I started crying," she said. "I felt so bad. I couldnt believe that was him." She said she contacted a neurologist to examine him and later a psychiatrist, thinking initially that he might have had a stroke. She said she suggested radiological tests or imaging to examine his brain, and was told eventually that he had early signs of Alzheimers. She became slightly tearful as she described her understanding of the disease, which becomes progressively worse. Her testimony is scheduled to resume Thursday. NBA owners are scheduled to vote on the Ballmer deal on July 15. Its also the day that Ballmers offer is set to expire -- and there is no deal without the judges approval of the sale. If the sale isnt completed by Sept. 15, the league said it could seize the team and put it up for auction. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: