Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

the top offensive threat, n

in Wolfblood 08.01.2018 02:08
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Adam Eaton Jersey . -- Rick Porcello is already in his sixth full season in the big leagues, which makes it all the easier to forget that the Tigers right-hander is still just 25 years old. "I do think hes still learning himself a little bit," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said after an 8-2 win over the Kansas City Royals, a game that Porcello dominated for seven innings. "Rick has really matured dramatically over his time here," Ausmus said. "You have to remember the guy is pretty young. You think hes older because hes been in the starting rotation." Porcello (4-1) gave up a sacrifice fly to Eric Hosmer, a solo homer to Billy Butler and little else Friday night. He wound up allowing four hits while striking out six without a walk. "Throwing first-pitch strikes I think was the biggest key tonight," he said. "Being ahead 0-1 instead of 1-0 is huge. You can go a lot of different ways when you do that." Victor Martinez had a pair of doubles and drove in two runs, and J.D. Martinez and Alex Avila also drove in two runs apiece as the Tigers won their fourth straight against the Royals. Meanwhile, Shields (3-3) allowed eight runs -- seven of them earned -- on 12 hits, a walk and a hit batter in 6 1-3 innings. It was the worst outing for the Royals ace since last September, when Shields allowed 10 runs in another lousy start against the Tigers. "I threw some good pitches. Thats a good hitting ball club over there," he said. "I wasnt locating my pitches. I was getting behind in the count. I didnt do my job out there, bottom line. Ive got to do a better job of getting outs. Its just one of those games." As if that wasnt bad enough, the Royals also lost All-Star catcher Salvador Perez when he fouled a pitch off his shin in the seventh inning. He was listed as day to day with a bruise. Shields first got into trouble in the second, when he loaded the bases but escaped the jam unscathed. But things only got worse in the third, when a single by Torii Hunter and back-to-back doubles by Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez gave Detroit a 2-1 lead. They never gave it back the rest of the game. J.D. Martinez kept the onslaught going when he led off the fourth with a double, and Avila followed by hitting the first pitch of his at-bat for his first homer of the season. Detroit added another run later in the inning when Andrew Romine reached third on an error by the Royals Mike Moustakas, and then scored on a double-play groundout. Butler provided the only bright spot the rest of the way for Kansas City, guiding a line drive over the fence in left field for his first homer of the season -- and the first by any hitter batting in the cleanup spot in the Royals lineup. "I knew I hit it good. I didnt know if it was high enough to get out," Butler said. "I knew I hit it hard, but didnt hit it very high. I couldnt see if it was fair or foul. I knew it was really close, too." Shields was finally pulled in the seventh, allowing another run and leaving the bases loaded while recording one out. Reliever Kelvin Herrera gave up a double to J.D. Martinez that brought in two more runs and gave the Tigers an 8-2 lead. That was plenty of support for Porcello, who had been miserable in the month of April until this season, when he went 3-1 with a 3.96 ERA. He kept that momentum going against Kansas City, a team he oddly never faced last season, retiring his final 12 batters. "Hes been throwing the ball great all season long," Victor Martinez said. "Hes showing hes young but he knows what hes doing out there. Hes giving us a great chance to win ballgames." NOTES: The Tigers announced the signing of RHP Joel Hanrahan on Friday. The former All-Star underwent Tommy John surgery last May after nine appearances for the Red Sox. ... The Royals put LHP Bruce Chen (bulging disc) on the DL and recalled RHP Aaron Brooks from Triple-A Omaha. ... LHP Drew Smyly will start for Detroit on Saturday. LHP Danny Duffy is on the mound for Kansas City. Carlton Fisk Jersey . The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks. Luke Appling Jersey . Two-time Olympic bronze medallists Savchenko and Szolkowy received 79.02 points to finish ahead of world bronze medallists Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada, who had 77.01 points. http://www.authenticbaseshopwhitesox.com/authentic-bo-jackson-white-soxjersey/ .The seventh-seeded Raonic was scheduled to play U.S. Open finalist Kei Nishikori of Japan, but was replaced in the Group B pool by Spanish substitute David Ferrer.Raonic, who was 0-2 at the year-end event, said he suffered the injury late in the first set of Tuesdays 6-3, 7-6 loss to Murray.Honolulu, HI (SportsNetwork.com) - The 11th-ranked Wichita Shockers and George Washington Colonials will play for the Diamond Head Classic tournament title on Thursday evening at the Stan Sheriff Center. The Shockers are in the tournament championship game thanks to a thrilling 80-79 overtime win over host Hawaii in the semifinal round. Wichita State knocked off Loyola Marymount in Mondays opening round with much more ease (80-53) and has improved to 10-1 on the season, with the lone loss coming on the road against Utah in overtime (69-68). The Shockers enter this contest with a six-game win streak in tow. George Washington has found its way to the tournament title game with wins over Ohio (77-49) and Colorado (53-50). With the win over the Buffaloes on Tuesday in the semifinal round, the Colonials have now won five of their last six games to move to a solid 8-3 on the year. GW is playing for its first in- season tournament title since the 2005 BB&T Classic. The Colonials are fueled by a strong defensive effort this season. GW comes into this contest allowing just 57.9 ppg to opponents, while holding them under 40-percent efficiency from the floor (.394) and under 30-percent hooting from behind the arc (.275). In addition, the team holds advantages in rebounding (+5.5) and turnovers (+3.0). Offensively, three of the teams five starters are averaging double digits in the scoring column. Patricio Garino headlines the group at 14.3 ppg. Kethan Savage and Kevin Larsen round out the trio with 12.0 and 11.. Todd Frazier Jersey. 3 ppg, respectively. Larsen leads the team in rebounding, grabbing 7.7 caroms per contest. Joe McDonald (9.2 ppg, 6.3 rpg) and John Kopriva (7.4 ppg) rounds out the starting five. George Washington saved its best play for last, as the team erased a five- point Colorado lead late to earn the 53-50 victory on Tuesday and advance to the championship round. McDonald led all players in the game with 14 points. Kopriva (11 pts) and Yuta Watanabe (10 pts) were also in double figures for the Colonials, who held the Buffaloes to a meager .365 shooting effort in the game. The Shockers needed a putback by Rashad Kelly with just three seconds remaining in the overtime session to sneak by the Rainbow Warriors and into the championship game. Wichita State placed four starters in double figures in the victory, led by Ron Bakers 17 points. Fred VanVleet added 13 points and doled out five assists. Kelly finished with 12 points in the win, while Darius Carter tacked on 10 points. Wichita State got away with the win despite shooting a rather ugly .397 from the floor in the game. WSU has been much more efficient at the offensive end on the year. The Shockers are shooting a decent .455 on the season overall, leading to 76.2 ppg. Baker has been the top offensive threat, netting 17.2 ppg thanks in large part to his .419 shooting from behind the arc. Baker has accounted for 31 of the teams 84 3-pointers. Carter is next in the scoring column at 12.4 ppg, followed by VanVleet and his 11.7 ppg. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: