Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

MUNICH - With a comfortable 2-0 cushion from the first leg, Bayern Munich is looking to finish off Marseille and advance to the

in Kino 08.01.2020 09:34
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

MUNICH - With a comfortable 2-0 cushion from the first leg, Bayern Munich is looking to finish off Marseille and advance to the Champions League semifinals. Balenciaga Triple S Sale . The four-time champions have won 12 of their last 13 games at home in the competition, and have also won seven straight as they maintain their push for three trophies. "We want to be one of the four best teams in Europe," said Bayern captain Philipp Lahm. "Were in a very, very good position. If we concentrate and play football, we wont run into trouble on Tuesday." Marseille, meanwhile, has lost eight of its last nine games in all competitions. The French side drew the other game in that run and has not won a game since a 1-0 victory over Inter Milan on Feb. 22. But Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes warned it would be a mistake to underestimate the visiting side. "I want to remind everyone that Marseille came from 2-0 down against (Borussia) Dortmund to win 3-2 (during the group stage)," the 66-year-old Heynckes said Monday. "Were taking this game very seriously." Goals from Arjen Robben and the 11th of the competition for Mario Gomez in Marseille leave Bayern ideally placed to take another step toward reaching the final in its stadium on May 19. "We can be very satisfied," said Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge after his side had "thrown the door to the semifinals wide open." Its a remarkable turnaround for a club that appeared to be in crisis a month ago when a 2-0 defeat at Bayer Leverkusen left it seven points behind Bundesliga leader Dortmund, while Champions League ambitions were on hold after a 1-0 defeat at FC Basel in the first leg of their round of 16 tie. Bayern bounced back from the Leverkusen defeat with 20 goals in three games, including seven against Basel in the return leg as the German side posted the biggest winning margin in a knockout game of the Champions League. Saturdays 1-0 win at Nuremberg in the 184th Bavarian derby cut the gap with Dortmund to three points, and Bayern will also face the Bundesliga leader in the German Cup final on May 12. Marseille will take some heart from its 3-2 win in Dortmund. Its weekend game against French league leader Montpellier was postponed to allow it to prepare for what would be a mammoth upset. "We have a chance, but its minuscule," admitted Marseille coach Didier Deschamps, who lifted the Champions League trophy after the French sides previous game in Munich — a 1-0 win over AC Milan in the 1993 final. "We will do our best to get the best possible result, knowing that Bayern are very good at home." Marseille is languishing in ninth place in the French league. Adding to its problems, the teams flight to Munich was delayed six hours because of a strike in Marseille. The French side will need goals to qualify and will be looking to Ghana winger Andre Ayew and France forward Loic Remy — who both scored in Dortmund — to provide them. Remy is the clubs top scorer in the league with 10 goals while Ayew has seven, but former Marseille and Bayern striker Jean-Pierre Papin warned against an over-dependence on them. "(Remys) only just coming back from injury and needs to get his rhythm back. Ayew isnt 100 per cent either because of his shoulder problems," he told Marseilles website. Papin sees little chance of an upset. "An upset is always possible, but honestly, I think its going to be tough. Bayern are a very experienced team, comprised exclusively of internationals," Papin said. Marseille will welcome back goalkeeper Steve Mandanda from suspension, while Bayern picked up five yellow cards in the first leg, including one for Bastian Schweinsteiger which rules him out on Tuesday. Alou Diarra is suspended for the visitors. "A lot of crazy things happen in football," said Gomez. "But of course well to try to stick to our style of play, to win." The winner will likely face Real Madrid in the semifinal. The Spanish league leader holds a 3-0 cushion over unheralded Cypriot team APOEL Nicosia on the other side of the draw. "We cant already think were playing against Madrid, no, no," warned Franck Ribery, who played two seasons for Marseille before his transfer to Bayern in 2007. "The job isnt done yet." Balenciaga Speed Trainer Black Sale . Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Balenciaga Triple S Black Cheap . "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. http://www.balenciagacheapshoes.com/balenciaga-speed-trainer-sale.html . -- Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias says he has stress fractures in both legs and isnt sure when hell be able to play again, leaving the Tigers two weeks to fill his spot for opening day and perhaps a lot longer. MINNEAPOLIS -- If anyone needed a game-winning hit in extra innings, it was Aaron Hicks. The once-prized Minnesota Twins prospect was hitting just .161 and was challenged by manager Ron Gardenhire and acting general manager Rob Antony the day before to take a more professional approach to the game. Hicks responded with an RBI single in the bottom of the 10th and Phil Hughes struck out eight in six innings to help the Twins beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the series finale on Thursday. Many think the only reason Hicks was not sent down already was because of the injuries that have decimated an already thin outfield group. Gardenhire and Antony both said they didnt feel Hicks was doing the necessary homework behind the scenes to be ready every day. "Maybe preparing is something I need to try to do more," Hicks said. "Try things to be able to make my game better and have an edge on the game." All-Star closer Glen Perkins blew his second save of the season, giving up a two-run single to Will Middlebrooks with the bases loaded that tied the game in the ninth. But Kurt Suzuki doubled down the left-field line and Hicks lined a 3-2 pitch to left field off of Andrew Miller (1-2) to win it. "Its such a big hit in a big situation," Hicks said. "It just comes down to how much heart you have in the game. Thats the kind of player I am. I like to play with passion and I dont like the way Ive been playing so far. But its something that sometimes youve got to go through in order to be able to make that next step into becoming a better player." Mike Carp had two hits and an RBI for the Red Sox, but David Ortiz was a quiet 1 for 4 with a single after going deep twice in each of the first two games of the series. Hughes gave up five hits and no walks and Chris Parmelee hit a two-run homer for the Twins, who took two of three from the defending champions. Suzuki and Eduardo Escobar each had three hits and Brian Duensing (1-1) picked up the win. Clay Buchholz gave up three runs on 10 hits and struck out six in six innings for the Red Sox. The Red Sox hitters had been doing well recently, with Ortizs personal home run derby contributing to 28 runs over their previous four games. Balenciaga Triple S Clearance. But Hughes put those hot bats on ice on a day when the temperature was 46 degrees at first pitch. Hughes knows Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia and the Red Sox lineup well from years of facing them while he was in the Yankees rotation. "He pitches more comfortable here, it seems," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "They threw a lot of strikes, didnt issue many bases on balls. Didnt have a whole lot going for the first eight." Hughes retired nine of the first 10 hitters he faced, won a 14-pitch battle with Xander Bogaerts to end the fifth inning and finished with more strikeouts against the Red Sox than he had in his previous 22 appearances against them. "Im going after them," Hughes said. "Thats been my game plan and has continued to be. Just attack with my fastball and get some flyouts, some strikeouts, swings and misses. I just tried to stay aggressive the entire time." Gardenhire said he hopes Hicks big hit will be the jumpstart his young centre fielder needs. "Hes working at it. Thats all weve asked him to do, study and work and hes doing that," Gardenhire said. "Thats a big hit for him. Nice to see him smile in a big situation like that." NOTES: Farrell gave OFs Grady Sizemore and Shane Victorino the day off. Farrell said the oft-injured Sizemore is doing fine and would play a lot this weekend while Victorino is resting a sore left knee. ... The Twins gave SS Danny Santana the day off to rest some sore legs, Gardenhire said. ... University of Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill threw out the first pitch shortly after announcing a $100,000 donation to start the Chasing Dreams foundation for epilepsy research. ... The Red Sox head home to open a series against Detroit on Friday. LHP Jon Lester (4-4, 2.75) will start for Boston against Max Scherzer (5-1, 2.04). ... The Twins start a series against Seattle on Friday. RHP Kyle Gibson (3-3, 4.74) will start against Mariners RHP Chris Young (3-0, 2.63). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: