Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

Freeman singled

in Haus der Morris´s 03.12.2019 04:50
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia - Canadian Eugenie Bouchard had to battle in the opening set, but she hit her winning stride in the second to defeat Caroline Garcia of France 7-5, 6-0 on Friday for a place in the fourth round of the Australian Open. Wholesale Tigers Jerseys . The seventh seed from Westmount, Que., will next play the unseeded Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania (42nd), who beat Germanys Carina Witthoeft (104th) 6-4, 6-4 later Friday. Bouchard made her breakthrough in Melbourne a year ago, reaching her first Grand Slam semifinal and duplicating that showing four months later in Paris before playing the Wimbledon final. The 20-year-olds win over the 36th-ranked Garcia made amends for a loss to the French player last year in Acapulco. I wasnt playing great tennis in the first. I feel like she was putting some pressure on me and I really didnt feel like I got a rhythm, said Bouchard. But Im happy that I just kept going. Even if it wasnt going so well, I was able to turn it around. So, I loosened up a bit and started going for my shots and playing my game, which is what I need to do more. Probably taking a bit of time away from her stepping in. Though she will not be facing a seed in the next round, Bouchard remains on guard against any potential upset threat in her weekend fourth-round test. Every player here is really good. Its the fourth round of a Grand Slam. Anyone you play will be super-tough, she said. Ill be ready for a battle, Ill try to play my game and have some fun also. Bouchard earned her win over Garcia with a performance witnessed by her several-dozen strong singing, chanting Genie Army fans, all wearing matching maple leaf t-shirts. She finished the match in 78 minutes. The opening set turned into a struggle for both women, with six breaks of serve. Bouchard struck a key blow in the marathon sixth game which lasted nearly a quarter of an hour and did not end until Bouchard converted on a seventh break point as Garcia netted a backhand for 3-all. But moments later, Bouchard was on the back foot after losing serve, only to get it back in the next game and square the set at 4-4. Bouchard broke in the 12th game to claim the 56-minute set, as Garcia sent a forehand wide. The momentum completely shifted in the second set as Bouchard suddenly became untouchable, winning the contest on her second match point. I just tried to stay calm, Bouchard said. I knew that I would hopefully find my groove at some point. Kept going, going, tried to stay with her on her service games. I was telling myself to be ready for anything and try to get a rhythm even though it was hard. Finally it clicked a little bit and I was able to roll. John Hiller Jersey . Mars announced Saturday that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will join him as part of his halftime show. Super Bowl halftime performers often have collaborators. Goose Goslin Jersey . Mired in an offensive slump, Lowry - the NBAs leader in taking charges this season - did what he has learned to do best, standing his ground and drawing a crucial offensive foul on the Cavaliers all-star point guard. Fast forward 30 seconds to the Cavs next possession, with the home team still trailing by three, Spencer Hawes - one of the leagues best passing big men - threw an interception, intended for Tyler Zeller and picked off by DeMar DeRozan. https://www.cheaptigers.com/459z-eddie-mathews-jersey-tigers.html . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video.ATLANTA -- Andrelton Simmons believes winning close games in late September can only help the Braves in October. Simmons single to the gap in right-centre drove in Justin Upton with two outs in the ninth inning to give Atlanta a 3-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday night. It was Simmons third game-ending hit of the season and the Braves 24th win in their final at-bat. Simmons said its a good habit for the NL East champions to carry into the playoffs. "Its always good to have those close games and come out victorious and create that winning habit that weve had throughout the year," Simmons said. "To keep that going into the post-season is big." Upton led off the ninth by hitting the first pitch from Donovan Hand (0-5) for a single to left. Freddie Freeman hit a fly ball to deep centre for the first out before Evan Gattis, who had three hits, hit a grounder that Scooter Gennett bobbled behind second base for an infield hit, leaving runners at first and second. The official scorer originally ruled Gennetts play an error before changing the call after the game. Brian McCann popped out to third base for the second out before Simmons first hit of the night ended the game. "Hes come up big in those situations," said Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez of Simmons, who is best known for his standout defence at shortstop. Gonzalez said Simmons, 24, thrives in pressure situations. "Hes got a pretty good temperament and I just think he keeps getting better and better," Gonzalez said. "... We all know what kind of defender he is, and I think his bat is just going to keep getting better and better as he matures." Craig Kimbrel (4-3), who leads the majors with 49 saves, struck out the side in the ninth. He has 96 strikeouts in 65 innings. Shortstop Jeff Bianchi hit his first homer of the season in the fifth for Milwaukee. Brewers rookie Tyler Thornburg set a career high with eight strikeouts while giving up two runs, seven hits and one walk in seven innings. Thornburg, 24, has allowed no more than two runs in any of his seven starts. "You never feel good when you dont win a game, but hes got to feel good about what he did this season," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "From a Tripple-A start, thats quite a finish. Drew VerHagen Jersey. " Thornburg was born in Houston but attended high school in the metro Atlanta area. "Being from here, I tried to push the moment aside a little bit and to try to stick with what Ive been doing," Thornburg said. "And it worked well tonight." Thornburg had consecutive wins over the Cardinals and Cubs before facing the Braves. He also had strong starts against Texas and Pittsburgh. "I know there are a lot of people out there that either dont think I belong or dont think I belong in the starting rotation," Thornburg said. "I did pitch against four playoff teams. It wasnt exactly bad teams I was facing. Im really excited about that. That will give me a lot of confidence going into the off-season." Freddy Garcia allowed two run, six hits and one walk in 6 2-3 innings for Atlanta. Garcia, 36, had seven strikeouts to set a season high in a combined 13 starts with Baltimore and the Braves. Jonathan Lucroy gave Milwaukee a 1-0 lead in the first when his single drove in Norichika Aoki, who doubled. Lucroy leads the majors with 76 RBIs as a catcher. He has driven in 82 runs overall. Thornburg was helped by double plays in the second and third innings before giving up a run in the fourth. With two outs, Freeman singled and scored on a double to the base of the wall in centre field by Gattis, who was thrown out trying to advance to third. NOTES: The Braves announced RHP David Hale will start Thursday night against Philadelphia. RHP Kris Medlen will have an extra day of rest before starting Friday night, followed by LHP Mike Minor and RHP Julio Teheran. Medlen, Minor and Teheran are in line to be the first three in the rotation for the playoffs, but Gonzalez said hes not yet ready to name Medlen the Game 1 starter. ... Brewers SS Jean Segura had to stop running before the game after he felt tightness in his strained right hamstring. ... Roenicke said RHP Wily Peralta, who developed a blister on his throwing hand in his last start against the Cardinals on Sunday night, will not make his scheduled start Saturday against the Mets. ... Braves LHP Paul Maholm and Brewers RHP Kyle Lohse will bring 10-10 records into Wednesday nights final game of the series. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: