Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

BAD KLEINKIRCHHEIM, Austria - A womens World Cup super-G on Sunday was delayed for 45 minutes and then called off after 11 star

in Kino 05.11.2019 02:47
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

BAD KLEINKIRCHHEIM, Austria - A womens World Cup super-G on Sunday was delayed for 45 minutes and then called off after 11 starters because of strong winds, a day after the cancellation of a downhill on the same course. Air Max 270 Scontate .We always want to race but safety comes first, FIS womens race director Atle Skaardal said.Organizers initially postponed the start of Sundays race as course workers needed more time to harden the snow surface using salt and chemicals following a night of mild temperatures.After the first skiers completed their run, fierce winds started blowing over the course, prompting an interruption of the race as conditions got too dangerous for speed racing.When the weather failed to improve over the following 45 minutes, organizers decided to call off the race.By then, Daniela Merighetti had posted the fastest time, leading Italian teammate Nadia Fanchini by 0.15. Merighetti was the third starter and said her run was still unaffected by the wind.Julia Mancuso, who started eighth, said it was definitely windy when she came down but judged conditions not too dangerous at that time.Everyone has their own comfort zone, said the American, who trailed Merighetti by 0.64 in fourth. Its always tough when you have a windy race but it also something we understand doing an outdoor sport ... I felt I was in good conditions racing but the storm is definitely moving in.A downhill on the same course was cancelled Saturday after a storm destroyed parts of the finish area and the safety fencing along the course.Volunteers worked through the night to rebuild the infrastructure, and the storm still wasnt an issue in the hours leading up to the super-G.The 33 gates were set Saturday though organizers had to move several gates as the snow around them had become too weak.According to Skaardal, the course doesnt look bad but it didnt freeze overnight and under the top layer its soft.Several racers, including Lindsey Vonn and Lara Gut, had said they didnt want to race if the course conditions didnt improve.The course set is good, unfortunately the snow isnt good, Vonn said. Can it be dangerous? I think so. I think we should not race.And Gut added, If its like it is now, I dont want to race.Vonn referred to her crash at the 2013 world championships, when the American standout landed in a spot of soft snow and badly damaged her right knee.Its like Schladming here, and I lost two years because of that, Vonn said. I think its too dangerous. If it was a training today, I wouldnt be skiing at all.With a win Sunday, Vonn would have matched the all-time mark of 62 womens World Cup wins by Annemarie Moser-Proell, but the feat wasnt on her mind.No, the record can wait until after Cortina, she said, referring to a downhill and a super-G in Italy next weekend.The womens World Cup travels to Flachau, Austria, for a night race on Tuesday, the final slalom before next months world championships in Vail and Beaver Creek. Air Max Shop Italia . A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. Air Max 1 Uomo Zalando .ca. In addition to the game being aired in its entirety on CTV Two Vancouver Island and TSN.ca, TSN2 will also have coverage of Whitecaps FC immediately following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Toyota Owners 400. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/scarpe-air-max-98-scontate.html .com) - The St.WILKES-BARRE, Pa. -- Will ONeill is making a name for himself in the American Hockey Leagues Calder Cup playoffs. The second-year pro is tied for the league lead with 10 post-season assists. Hes playing key minutes for a defence that is allowing fewer than two goals a game. Just about the only thing missing from his resume was a goal. ONeill fixed that in a dramatic way Thursday night, breaking a scoreless tie late in the second period and assisting on the winner in the third as the St. Johns Ice Caps won a third straight game in the Eastern Conference finals, beating the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 2-1 in Game 4 Thursday night. The IceCaps can advance to the Calder Cup finals with a win in Game 5 on Saturday night in Wilkes-Barre. "It feels nice to get a goal, but it feels great to win," ONeill said. "Weve got a long way ahead of us here, but well enjoy it for a little bit." Josh Lunden also scored for the IceCaps, who went 2 for 9 on the power play. "I thought we did a good job drawing penalties, getting to the net," ONeill said. "Thats the key to getting to any goalie." Brian Dumoulin scored a third-period goal for the Penguins, who went scoreless on six power-play opportunities. "Our power play had some good looks, but at the end of the day, myself and our unit definitely have to put some in the back of the net," Dumoulin said. "Its not just getting chancess anymore. Air Max 720 Scontate Uomo. We have to score." The Penguins were called for six minor penalties in the second period, contributing to a massive 19-2 shots advantage for the IceCaps in the period. Penguins goalie Peter Mannino stopped the first 18 shots he faced, but the 19th was a one-timer from ONeill from the top of the left faceoff circle that trickled past his pads with 26.1 seconds left in the period. ONeills goal came on a 5-on-3 advantage after centre Zach Sill took a double minor for high-sticking IceCaps winger Andrew Gordon with 1:07 left in the period while the Penguins were already killing a penalty. "We were getting a lot of chances," ONeill said. "It was just a matter of time before one went our way. We had a 5-on-3, had good traffic at the net and we buried one." The Penguins tied the score 1-1 at 6:49 of the third when a Dumoulin shot from the blue-line that looked to be headed well wide of the left post hit defenceman Brenden Kichton and skipped past goalie Michael Hutchinson. The Penguins took another penalty less than a minute later, however, and St. Johns retook the lead with a second power-play goal. Lunden collected the rebound of an ONeill shot behind the net and wrapped it inside the post with 10:41 left. "They had some momentum going their way," ONeill said. "It was good to draw a penalty, get back into it and bury one on the power play." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: