Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

cher leads the A

in Wolfblood 30.03.2018 10:20
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

HARTFORD, Conn. Ferguson Jenkins Jersey . -- Connecticut went down to the wire with another opponent. This time there was no clutch shot by Shabazz Napier. UConns star guard, known for heroics such as a last-second shot that beat Florida earlier this month, missed three times in the final 40 seconds and the 10th-ranked Huskies lost for the first time this season, 53-51 to Stanford. "With Shabazz, you live with that, because hes put this team on his back a lot of times," UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. "But he could have taken it to the basket a couple of times, but he settled for the long 3-ball." Chasson Randle scored 22 points and the Cardinal (8-2) beat a Top 25 team away from Palo Alto for the first time since the 2008 NCAA tournament. The Cardinals previous seven wins this season came over teams that were a combined 32-41. "I think its an important win for our conference," Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins said, referring to the Pac-12. "A number of teams have had some real signature wins, and Im just happy that we were able to have one as well." Josh Huestis added 13 points and 10 rebounds and Dwight Powell had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Stanford which overcame a 10-point halftime deficit. DeAndre Daniels had 15 points for UConn (9-1), which was 6 of 10 from behind the arc in the first half and 0 for 12 in the second. Connecticut this season already had beaten Maryland, Indiana and Florida by a point and won by two against Boston College. But the Huskies could not get a clutch basket down the stretch against Stanford. Randles jump shot with 3 1/2 minutes left gave the Cardinal a 52-49 lead. The Huskies pulled within a point when Daniels tipped in a missed 3-point attempt by Niels Giffey. Napier, who finished with 12 points and eight assists, missed two 3-pointers on a key possession with the Huskies trailing 52-51. Stanford got the ball back with 28 seconds left after a scrum underneath the basket. Napier fouled Huestis on the inbounds play and he hit one of two free throws. Napier missed another shot with 8 seconds left, forcing UConn to foul again. He got the ball back on a rebound after Huestis missed another free throw; dribbled down the court, but instead of trying a contested shot, he passed to Omar Calhoun. His long jumber from the right wing bounced off the rim. "I felt like Omar was the most open guy at the time," Napier said. "I felt like it was going to go in, and I bet he did too." UConn led by 10 points at halftime and pushed the lead to 43-30, before consecutive 3-pointers by Anthony Brown and Randle. That started a 14-0 run by the Cardinal, who used a stifling zone defence to hold the Huskies without a field goal for more than 6 minutes. The Huskies were just 5 of 31 from the field in the second half. "It was just a matter of us being aggressive on the defensive end," Randle said. "Just being active, getting our hands moving, getting our feet moving and getting our feet moving and just hustling." A driving basket and free throw by Randle gave Stanford its first lead of the second half at 44-43. The Huskies closed the first half on a 14-3 run that ended when Napier stole the ball from Randle and found Lasan Kromah ahead of the field for an easy layup just before buzzer. UConn came in shooting better than 46 per cent from beyond the arc, with five players having made 10 or more 3-pointers. The loss snapped a 54-game home winning streak against nonconference opponents that dated to 2007. Connecticut was coming off its annual hiatus for final exams. The Huskies had not played in 12 days, since a 95-68 win over Maine, a game in which UConn hit 14 3-pointers. Stanford ended a 13-day break last Saturday with a 27-point win over UC Davis. UConn plays at Washington, another Pac-12 team, on Saturday. The Huskies had dominated that conference, coming into Wednesday they were 17-2 and had won 13 straight since falling to UCLA in the 1995 NCAA West Regional championship. "Well learn from this," Daniels said. "Were not going to have all the time when (Napiers) going to be the hero of the game and knock down a shot." Texas Rangers Jerseys . -- Barry Bonds is all set to return to the San Francisco Giants. Derek Holland Jersey . - Henrik Samuelsson and Curtis Lazar each had two goals and two assists as the Edmonton Oil Kings secured top spot in the Eastern Conference by defeating the host Red Deer Rebels 7-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. http://www.rangersapparelsshop.com/customized-c-4/ . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final.NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Devils struggled to slow down David Desharnais on Wednesday. Desharnais scored the tying goal with 37 seconds left in the third period and added a goal in the shootout and the Montreal Canadiens rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Devils. "Were finding ways to win games," Desharnais said. "They took the lead and we had to open up things. I just go in there and try to score (in the shootout). (Devils goalie Cory Schneider) opened up his leg and I put it right there." Desharnais tying goal in the third was reviewed by the NHL to see if he had lifted his stick too high in redirecting the slap shot taken by teammate Brian Gionta. "I was sure it was a goal," Desharnais said. "I tipped one earlier this year that was a little higher than that, so there was no doubt." Lars Eller also scored in third period and shootout for Montreal, which also beat the Devils in Montreal on Monday night. Reid Boucher, credited with an assist on Michael Ryders goal in the third period, scored for the Devils in the shootout, breaking a string of 20 straight missed chances by the Devils, who are 0-5 in shootouts this season. The Devils have lost nine straight shootouts, dating back to March 15 in Philadelphia. Devils coach Pete DeBoer picked Boucher to take the first attempt in the shootout, saying that Boucher "was feeling pretty good about his game and it made sense." Boucher admitted to being nervous at first, but he seemed to play better and better as the game went on. "I just heard a couple minutes ago (that his shootout goal snapped a drought)," Boucher said. "We had the lead and it was unfortunate they scored that goal at the end. I was pretty surprised (to be picked). Its a privilege and I wanted to capitalize on my opportunity. A quick fake shot, I kind of took a step over and shot a low blocker." Patrik Elias unassisted goal at 18:54 had given the Devils a 3-2 edge, but Desharnais scored for Montreal and forced overtime with 37 seconds to go. Elias had the final chance to tie it ffor the Devils in the shootout, but couldnt beat Canadiens goalie Peter Budaj, who ended the game with 31 saves. Ivan Rodriguez Jersey. "Hes a great shooter," Budaj said. "I was just trying to keep my ground and win that battle. I was able to come up with the big save." The teams combined for five goals in the third period. The Devils led 2-1 before Eller scored on a backhand to tie the score at 2-2 at 16:10. Andrei Loktionov and Michael Ryder each scored in the third period to give the Devils a 2-1 lead. Boucher assisted on Ryders goal. Gionta scored in the first period to give Montreal a 1-0 lead and Budaj made it hold until Loktionov scored 4:19 into the third period to tie it at 1-1. Ryders seventh goal off a pass from Boucher broke the tie at 9:50. Loktionov received a pass from Marek Zidlicky before he spun inside and let loose a sailing shot past Budaj for a 1-1 tie. Ryders shot beat Budaj to the far side. Gionta scored at 10:36 of the first on a pinpoint pass from the outer edge of the left circle by Daniel Briere. Gionta skated onto the puck at the crease and knocked it past Schneider inside the far post. Seconds before Giontas goal, Devils rookie defenceman Eric Gelinas had his shot at an open net bang off the right post. Cam Janssen of the Devils and Brandon Prust of the Canadiens squared off in a fight 2:35 into the first period. Janssen had hit Alex Galchenyuk against the boards before he was challenged by Prust. Both received five-minute penalties for fighting. Montreal held a 13-9 shot advantage in the first. Boucher got off his first career shot in the opening seconds of the second period, a slap shot that Budaj saved. The Devils pressed forward in the second period, and held a 10-7 shot advantage. Loktionov had a breakaway, but was stopped by Budaj. Budaj also made a save on Jaromir Jagrs shot with eight seconds to go. NOTES: Ryan Carter was placed on injured reserve by the Devils, who recalled Boucher was recalled from Albany (AHL) to take his spot on the roster. Boucher leads the A-Devils with 10 goals and 69 shots. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: