Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

MONTREAL -- The wild fans, the history and the weight of expectations make the Montreal Canadiens a demanding team for any hocke

in Kino 26.09.2019 02:41
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- The wild fans, the history and the weight of expectations make the Montreal Canadiens a demanding team for any hockey coach, especially those with no NHL experience. Nike Vapormax Plus Heren Sale . But three who were in that position in the late 1990s and early 2000s -- Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien and Claude Julien -- have gone on to do some impressive things in the NHL. A victory in the Eastern Conference final between Vigneaults New York Rangers and Therrien, in his second stint with Montreal, will put one of them in a Stanley Cup final. Between the three men, they will have been to the final five times. In 2008, Therrien reached the final with the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing in six games to the Detroit Red Wings. In 2011, Juliens Boston Bruins defeated Vigneaults Vancouver Canucks to claim the Stanley Cup. And in 2013, Julien had the Bruins back in the final only to lose to the Chicago Blackhawks. All three have credited the chance they got to coach middling-to-weak Montreal teams with their later success, even if their head coaching prospects were in doubt when they were eventually let go by the Canadiens. "You never know about the future," said the 50-year-old Therrien, whose team is coming off a second-round win over Juliens Bruins. "We learned a lot when we were young and that goes with experience. "Having to deal a lot with you (reporters) is a big part of our job. But it goes through a process. It goes with experience. Myself, Alain, Claude, we were young coaches at the time and we learned a lot. We started in Montreal and, Alain and me, we almost took the same route. We went back to the minors and went back to junior and the American League. "So Im glad for the success (Vigneault) had in Vancouver and New York. That was a great learning experience as a young coach to start in Montreal." There were actually four inexperienced coaches in a row, as Mario Tremblay got it started when he replaced Jacques Demers in 1995. But while Tremblay later worked as an assistant, he never got another head coaching job. In 1997, Tremblay was replaced by Vigneault, a former Ottawa Senators assistant who had been coaching in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Vigneault was replaced midway through the 2000-01 campaign by Therrien, who in turn lost his job to Julien in 2003. Vigneault was out of coaching for two seasons but returned with the junior P.E.I. Rocket before being named head coach of the Manitoba Moose, the Canucks AHL affiliate at the time. He was promoted to the Vancouver job to start the 2006-07 season and promptly took the Canucks to a division title and got the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL coach of the year, beating out Therrien and Buffalos Lindy Ruff. The Quebec City natives Canucks finished first overall in the NHL twice. But a drop-off last season saw Vancouver opt for former Rangers coach John Tortorella while Vigneault signed a five-year deal with New York. Now Vigneaults looking for another trip to the final. "My first NHL gig as a head coach was in a beautiful place, a Canadian city where hockey is passionate, hockey is demanding," the 53-year-old said. "Expectations were always very high, so I learned a lot. "I worked with some great people. It took me six years to get another kick at the can and obviously when I got my other chance, I used my experience in Montreal and my experience of going back to junior and also going to the American League and tried to help my new NHL team the best way I could. Now, this year, the Rangers have given me another opportunity and thats what Im trying to do." When Therrien left Montreal, he got a job coaching the Penguins farm club in Wilkes-Barre and was promoted to the NHL club on Dec. 15, 2005. He was fired suddenly on Feb. 15, 2009, one season after going to the final, in favour of Dan Bylsma. The new coach got Pittsburgh back to the final and avenged the defeat of Therriens team the year before by beating the Red Wings for the Cup. Therrien worked in television while waiting for his next chance, which came when new general manager Marc Bergevin hired him to return to the Canadiens at the start of last season. After Montreal, Julien was hired by the New Jersey Devils, but he also fell victim to a surprise firing late in the 2006-07 season despite a 47-24-8 record. The Bruins snapped him up the following season. Nike React Element 55 Dames .com) - The Calgary Flames are spoilers once again. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Dames . Jim Leyland, in his eighth playoffs, has never had a starting rotation he trusts as much as the grouping of Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Doug Fister. http://www.vapormaxsalenederland.com/ .K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear.CAREZZA, Italy -- Canadian Caroline Calve won gold in parallel slalom on Saturday in an alpine snowboard World Cup event. Calve, from Gatineau, Que., claimed her third career World Cup win by edging Russias Ekaterina Tudegesheva in the final, beating her opponent by just 0.06 seconds. Germanys Selina Joerg took third. "Its good to have a podium result before the Olympics," said Calve. "But its my second win within the qualification period so I wasnt that nervous before this race. Now, its even less stress." Organizers reset the course for the finals due to the slope conditions. The final course was 340 metres in length and featured 25 gates. "It was the right decision to re-set the course after the qualification," said Calve. "It made the racing so much more even, easier and more fun." Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland and Tudegesheva are joint top of the parallel standinngs. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Heren. Calve is 40 points behind, in third. The other Canadian women did not get past qualifying. Ariane Lavigne of Lac-Superieur, Que., was 27th, Marianne Leeson of Burlington, Ont., 30th and Calgarys Ekaterina Zavialova was 40th On the mens side, the final was even closer as Frances Sylvain Dufour secured his careers second win by edging out Austrias Alexander Payer by only one hundredth of a second. Lukas Mathies, also from Austria, finished third. Dufour moved into third in the World Cup parallel standings, behind Zan Kosir of Slovenia and Mathies. Matthew Morison of Blackstock, Ont., was the only Canadian to get past the preliminaries and was 13th. Jasey-Jay Anderson of Lac-Superieur was 32nd, Torontos Michael Lambert was 37th, Matthew Carter of Maryhill, Ont., placed 39th, Steve Barlow of Courtice, Ont., finished 43rd and Sebastien Beaulieu of Sherbrooke, Que., came in 53rd. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: