Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

e at the AEC. The Williams loss means that a member of the "Big Three" -- Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova -- wil

in Kino 24.09.2019 02:50
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

Winning begets winning in professional sports, and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers — fresh off snapping their seven-game losing skid with a Banjo Bowl victory — are hoping to build off their second win of the season as they begin a home-and-home series with the CFLs cellar-dwelling 1-9 Edmonton Eskimos. Fake Shoes UK . "Ive been on teams that have been on losing streaks and broke out of it. All it takes is that first one, and if you just focus on one game at a time then you can climb out of things like this," said Winnipeg defensive end Greg Peach. "And I think after that first Saskatchewan game we kind of figured out that if we put a full game together we can put them away and put any team away. Now we have that confidence that we can do it to any team." "I was only here for a couple days before that first game (in Saskatchewan)," added Peach, who joined the Bombers just three days before the Labour Day Classic in Regina. "But I just know from experience of teams that have been on big losing streaks that I know what they were going through the last seven games. And I understand what the mentality is and what players are thinking. I think now we got this first win, I think theres a confidence thats building and guys are believing and putting things together." Peach, a five-year CFL veteran, knows that in the Canadian game you cant count a team out of the playoffs regardless of their record until late in the season — especially in this years East Division. And his coach knows it too. "Were a unique league in that respect because six of the eight teams are going to the playoffs. In the NFL or NCAA or whatever, if you had a below .500 record you wouldnt even sniff at the playoffs," said head coach Tim Burke. "Theyre aware. I mean most of them are aware. I cant believe some of them werent." With the youngest roster in the league this is the case. Several Blue Bombers didnt know until this week that they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. And with Eastern opponents Hamilton, Toronto, and Montreal facing tough road games over the next two weeks, Winnipeg has a chance to capitalize on back-to-back games against the single-win Eskimos. "It was just brought to my attention that we were back into the playoff race," said second-year defensive back Demond Washington, fresh off his Defensive Player of the Week nod. "Weve just got to bear down and play hard this week. Every week from here on out just take it one week at a time and well get it done." "Once you get that win up under your belt, you gain a little confidence and you want to go out, you want to play more, you want to win more. So I think that win is contagious. All the guys are going to come out and were going to play hard." It may be cliché, but it appears Winnipegs bench boss is having his team focus on the weekly task at hand. "I prefer to focus on one game; one game at a time," added Burke. "I mean, I have in the past said hey, heres a reason why we should be working our butts off, were only four points out, and then after last week we were only six points out. But now were back to four points out. My approach has always been to take it one game at a time and focus on that. Use the game itself as your motivation. Dont use playoffs because thats something you cant grasp." "But you know, its interesting. As the season goes along, were still in it. So we have a lot to fight for, thats for sure." Notes: The Winnipeg Football Club is now officially in the post-Buck Pierce era, as acting GM Kyle Walters moved the veteran pivot to the B.C. Lions for Canadian receiver Akeem Foster. The 26-year-old made Winnipegs 46-man roster this week, but he isnt expected to dress... Fellow Canadian receiver Jade Etienne, recovering from a concussion suffered in the Labour Day Classic, practiced this week and has been cleared medically to start in Edmonton after missing the Banjo Bowl... 2012 third-overall draft pick Tyson Pencer will dress for his first professional game in Edmonton this week. He will start at right guard, bumping Shannon Boatman back to right tackle... Guard/tackle Paul Swiston has been placed on the nine-game injured list with shoulder and knee injuries... ...Winnipeg pulled off another trade this week, acquiring veteran offensive lineman Marc Parenteau and a 2014 third-round pick from Toronto for Canadian running back Anthony Woodson and a fifth-round pick. Parenteau will dress as the Bombers sixth lineman this week... With Chad Simpson still on the shelf for at least another week with a foot injury, Winnipeg added import running back Shawnbrey McNeal to the practice roster. Will Ford, who was named the leagues Special Teams Player of the Week after his 98-yard kickoff return touchdown in the Banjo Bowl, will start again this week in place of Simpson. Backup safety Dan West is out two weeks with a hamstring pull... Cheap Shoes UK 2020 .J. Fair didnt have many chances to be the main option for Syracuse last season. Shoes UK Online Cheap . Best has been bothered by concussion problems and hasnt played since Oct. 16, when the Lions lost to San Francisco. After starting 5-0, Detroit has lost four of six, beginning with that game against the 49ers. https://www.shoesukonline.com/ . Patrick Deslisle-Houde and David Rose each scored in the second to give the fourth-seeded Redmen a 3-1 lead after Jean-Philippe Mathieu scored in the first.Wimbledon, England (Sports Network) - Serena Williams will not be a repeat champion at Wimbledon after she was a stunning fourth-round loser against German Sabine Lisicki on Monday at The Championships. The 23rd-seeded Lisicki took down the world No. 1 superstar 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 on the famed Centre Court at the All England Club. Williams was riding a career-best 34-match winning streak, which included Wimbledon, U.S. Open and French Open titles. She also captured an Olympic gold medal here at the All England Club last year. The big-serving Lisicki is now 6-4 lifetime against top-10 women at Wimbledon. Lisicki overcame a 3-0 deficit in the third set to oust the five-time Wimbledon champion Williams, who is a 16-time Grand Slam singles titlist who had won three of the previous four Wimbledon championships. The 23-year-old Lisicki stunningly broke Williams for a 5-4 lead in the final set when the American great misfired long with a backhand. Serving for the match, Lisicki failed on a first match point when she sent a forehand long, but she got another shot at a match point when Williams netted a forehand return. Lisicki converted on that second match point with a forehand winner into a wide-open court, which marked her fifth break of Williams in the see-saw affair. The match ended in 2 hours, 4 minutes, as the German smacked 10 aces, compared to seven for Williams, as both players broke serve five times. "I didnt play the big points good enough," Williams said. "I didnt do what I do best. "I think Sabine played really well," Williams added. "Theres huge room for immprovement for me. Wholesale Shoes UK. " When asked is Lisicki was reading her serve well on Monday, Williams said: "Yeah, I felt like she was just on today." Lisicki is now 1-2 lifetime against the 31-year-old Williams. This was their first-ever meeting on the Germans favorite surface, grass. Williams topped Polands Agnieszka Radwanska in last years finale at the AEC. The Williams loss means that a member of the "Big Three" -- Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova -- will not win a major event for the first time since the 2011 U.S. Open. One of the three woman had won the last six Slams. Azarenka pulled out of her second-round match because of a knee injury last week, while Sharapova was shocked by Portugals Michelle Larcher de Brito in the second round on the same day as Azarenkas pull out. In other fourth-round action involving top-eight seeds, No. 6 Li Na of China whipped 11th-seeded Italian Roberta Vinci 6-2, 6-0 and No. 8 Czech Petra Kvitova handled 19th-seeded Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro 7-6 (7-5), 6-3. Li was this years Australian Open runner-up to Azarenka and is a former French Open champ. The quality left-hander Kvitova captured her lone Grand Slam title here at the All England Club two years ago by beating Sharapova in the final. Also on Day 7, 20th-seeded Belgian Kirsten Flipkens bested Italian Flavia Pennetta 7-6 (7-2), 6-3 and capable Estonian Kaia Kanepi knocked out left- handed heavy British favorite Laura Robson 7-6 (8-6), 7-5. Flipkens will face Kvitova in the quarterfinals, while Kanepi will battle Lisicki in the round of eight. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: