Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

CHICAGO -- Joakim Noah fell one assist short of his fourth career triple-double Thursday night, and the 6-foot-11 centre sounded

in Einkaufszentrum 09.09.2019 02:38
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Joakim Noah fell one assist short of his fourth career triple-double Thursday night, and the 6-foot-11 centre sounded almost embarrassed by his pursuit of that feat late in a rare comfortable home win by the Chicago Bulls. Shoes Ireland From China . "Its not really good to play basketball that way," Noah said. "Focusing on your stats is not that cool, but I tried to get it." Following the Bulls 94-82 victory over the Boston Celtics, no one else in either locker room was about to criticize the focus on statistics at the end because Noahs playmaking ability was the main reason Chicago had a sizeable lead down the stretch in snapping a two-game home losing streak. He finished with 17 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists to lead six Bulls scorers in double figures. "Noah is an all-around winning guy," Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. "I coached against Noah as an assistant in college in the Sweet Sixteen. Hes a guy who makes his teammates better in all the different ways. He even made the plays that will never get on the stat sheet -- pulling over and helping, being long and forcing us to make another pass or forcing us to miss a shot. "All those things add up at the end of the game." They just didnt add up to 10 assists. Carlos Boozer had 16 points, Luol Deng 14, Taj Gibson 12, Mike Dunleavy 11 and Jimmy Butler 10 as the balanced Bulls bounced back from a loss to Toronto on Tuesday in the opener of their four-game homestand. Jordan Crawford led the Celtics, who have lost two straight, with 22 points. Noah had nine assists early in the fourth quarter, but couldnt get another. Butler missed a jumper with 8 seconds left in a last-second gasp. "We really wanted him to get the triple-double," Gibson said. "I told him if I was in the game, I would have gotten it for him." The Bulls (13-18) could afford to laugh for a change. Their early-season troubles can be tied directly to their inability to win consistently at the United Center. The Bulls had dropped six of seven home games to fall to 7-7 at the United Center this season. Worse, five of the six losses came against teams with losing records at the time of the game. That stretch began two days after Chicago scored a 20-point home win against defending champion Miami. The Bulls also have a 16-point home win against Indiana, the club with the best record in the Eastern Conference. Even without star guard Derrick Rose, this team expects to win consistently at home. "We have to turn it around," Noah said. "To do that, everybody has to go in and give everything they have. We cant take any nights off. You cant play at 70 per cent, you cant play at 80 per cent. Youve got to give everything youve got every night." To help avoid the prolonged offensive droughts that have plagued his team in the past, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau decided to use Noah as more of a playmaker. "We have always run a lot of the offence through him, and thats what makes us a little different," Thibodeau said. Chicago moved ahead of the Celtics for eighth place in the Eastern Conference despite being five games under .500. "Theyve had their struggles, but thats not a 13-18 team," Stevens said. "As they get fully healthy, theyll continue to have success because they execute on both ends of the floor as well as anybody in the league. That being said, their offence is going to find itself, the shooting will find itself. It did a little bit tonight." NOTES: Celtics G Rajon Rondo, sidelined nearly a year since tearing his ACL, said before the game he is likely to play a stint in the D-League before returning. "I think thats what its for," he said. "Id probably be the first guy to do that, but it doesnt make a difference. I want to make sure Im healthy and handle it the right way. I havent had a preseason. I havent had a training camp." There is no timetable for Rondos return. ... The Bulls had a full complement of players -- other than Rose, who is out for the season -- for a second straight game after playing short-handed for virtually all of December. "The challenge is how quickly we can adapt to the moving parts," Thibodeau said. ... The Celtics, who have a home game Friday against New Orleans, had to stay in Chicago on Thursday night because of the weather. Shoes Ireland On Sale . The two were in the batting cage moments before game time. Bautista was taking final warm up cuts. Pillar was hitting soft toss. The one-time utility player turned All-Star pulled aside the clubs young, fourth outfielder and offered him some advice. Cheap Shoes Ireland Online . The 24-year-old Pruneau played his CIS football with the Montreal Carabins. The six-foot, 200-pound Montreal native had 41 tackles, 3. https://www.shoesirelandsale.com/ . Louis still looking for a way out of Tampa Bay, the 38-year-old NHL veteran isnt showing his cards.MONTREAL -- The excitement in the grandstands over Canadas recent tennis success appears to have been lost on American Sloane Stephens and Slovakias Dominika Cibulkova. Stephens used an accurate serve and steady pressure to rout Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que., 6-3, 6-0 while Cibulkova recovered from a mid-match stutter to down 17-year-old Francoise Abanda of Montreal 6-1, 3-6, 6-0 in opening round matches Monday at the US$2.44 million womens Rogers Cup. Stephens, ranked 22nd in the world, was never in trouble against the 26-year-old Wozniak, who is trying to battle back to her career-high No. 21 ranking after years of arm and shoulder trouble. "She really played well," Wozniak said of Stephens. "She served at a high percentage, 75 per cent, and it was tough to return. "It wasnt easy, for sure. You have a warrior mentality, you want to fight for every point, but she played great tennis. I didnt expect that. She played a perfect match." The 10th-seeded Cibulkova found herself in more of a battle than was predicted with crowd favourite Abanda, a rising junior talent. Cibulkova advanced to a second round meeting with Britains top woman player Heather Watson, who edged Tereza Smitkova 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 in a battle of qualifiers. Abanda, ranked 209th in the world, had the crowd solidly on her side, and centre court was in a frenzy as the lanky junior used her strong ground strokes to the force errors from her 25-year-old opponent in the middle set. "I think I played one of my best tennis matches," said Abanda. "Especially playing it in Montreal in front of home and the crowd, so Im really glad I was able to deliver that in the second set. "So I guess Im just excited to know that I can actually compete against a top 10 player. Its more motivation for me to keep training and do better." Cibulkova righted herself in the third set and sealed the victory with an ace. "I knew shes young player, she has nothing to lose, she has all the support," said Cibulkova. "I just really had to calm myself. "After the second set I just sit down and I talk to myself. I was playing well the first set, I knew what I have to change. I wasnt panicking. I wasnt losing my head. That was important." There will be even more buzz for locals on Tuesday night. American qualifier Shelby Rogers downed Ajla Tomljanovic 6-4, 7-6 (5) to set up a second-round meeting on Tuesday with the star attraction of this years event, fifth-seeded Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que. "I think it will be fun," said Rogers, who beat Bouchard in three sets in a lower-level tournament in 2011 in Troy, Alabama. "Obviously the crowd is going to be for her, and Im the underdog. I think its kind of a fun story. "Theres no pressure. Im just going to go out, play my game, do my best and try to enjoy the moment as much as I can." Bouchard, who has rocketed up the rankings since turning pro full time in 2013 and who reached the Wimbledon final last month, is drawn to face defending champion Serena Williams in the quarter-finals. Willliams, who this week reached 200 straight weeks as world No. Shoes Ireland Free Shipping. 1, said 20-year-old Bouchard will be a stiff test, if it happens. "I think she has a really good chance," said Williams. "Shes had a stellar year, to be honest. "Shes done better than me in a lot of the tournaments. Yeah, I think it will be a really good matchup. I hope I can get there. I feel like shell be there regardless." Williams, coming off a win Sunday at Stanford, has won the Rogers Cup three times when it was held in Toronto, but has not even played in Montreal since 2000, when she was forced to retire from the third set of the final with an injury. Shell play her first match on Wednesday. Lucie Safarova, the 15th seed, advanced with a 6-4, 6-2 win over Sorena Cirstea. She next faces Magdalena Rybarikova, a 6-1, 6-3 winner over Alison Riske. Alize Cornet beat qualifier Lauren Davis 6-3, 7-5 and will next face eighth-seeded Victoria Azarenka. Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci of Italy are the top doubles players on the WTA Tour, but both lost their opening singles matches. Sabine Lisicki downed 13th-seeded Errani 6-1, 7-5 while Barbora Zahlavova Strycova ousted Vinci 7-5, 7-5. Another Italian fell as Yulia Putinseva topped 12th-seeded Flavia Pannetta 7-6 (5), 6-3. Errani and Vinci are ranked first in doubles, having taken Wimbledon and the Australian open titles this year. But while Errani is 15th in singles, most of her success has been on clay courts, while Lisicki likes the faster surfaces. Lisicki hit the fastest recorded serve in WTA history of 211 kilometres per hour last week in the first round at Stanford, breaking Venus Williams record. Klara Koukalova beat Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens 7-5, 7-6 (5). Zahlavova Strycova advanced to a second-round meeting with third-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska. After Abandas match, a ceremony was held on centre court to induct Arantxa Sanchez Vicario into the tournament Hall of Fame. The former world No. 1 reached the final of the Canadian Open, now called the Rogers Cup, five times between 1989 and 1998, winning twice in Montreal in 1992 and 1994. "I know they were great finals," said the Barcelona native. "I definitely had to beat Steffi (Graf) and Monica (Seles). They were my biggest rivals at the moment. "I remember the crowd was always behind me. I feel like at home here in Montreal. As I say, it was one of my favourite tournaments to come and play. In that era, I was probably one of the players that was doing really well in this tournament, and I was fighting to win the trophy. I have great memories." The 42-year-old Sanchez Vicario lost to Martina Navratilova in the 1989 final in Toronto, then reached four straight finals in Montreal. She lost at Uniprix Stadium to Seles in 1996 and 1998 Sanchez Vicario piled up 29 tournament wins in singles and another 69 in doubles before retiring from tennis in 2002. She took four grand slam titles: the French Open in 1989 (as a 17-year-old), 1994 and 1998, and the 1994 U.S. Open. She was named to the international tennis hall of fame in 2007. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: