Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Erik Hurtado wanted to make sure his first start of the season for Vancouver wasnt his last, and he came throu

in Haus der Smith´s 24.08.2019 04:56
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Erik Hurtado wanted to make sure his first start of the season for Vancouver wasnt his last, and he came through with the lone goal in the Whitecaps 1-0 victory against the Columbus Crew on Saturday. Montez Sweat Youth Jersey . Not only was the 37th-minute strike the difference, it was also the second-year midfielders first Major League Soccer goal. "I dont know if it changes my confidence," Hurtado said. "Its a weight off my shoulder getting my first MLS goal. I know the team has faith in me. The coach has faith in me." The Whitecaps (4-2-4) have won two straight and extended their unbeaten streak to four games while also winning for the first time on the road this season. "It was a super match of football," Vancouver coach Carl Robinson said. "It was two teams that wanted to play." Robinson praised the effort of the struggling Crew (3-4-3) under first-year coach Gregg Berhalter. "Columbus plays the right way," he said. "I told Gregg that before the match. Columbus at home playing an attacking style, theyre not getting the breaks at the moment, as youve seen the last couple of games." While Columbus had 12 shots, Vancouver goalkeeper David Ousted needed to make only two saves for his second shutout of the season. The Crew, who have not scored in 321 minutes, are 0-4-3 after winning its first three games. They were shutout for the third time in seven days after road losses to Sporting Kansas City and Houston. "The guys were running on fumes," Berhalter said. "You could see the difference, it was clear. (Vancouver) had a bunch of players running around that were fresh. We didnt have it physically." Hurtado, making in his fifth career start while appearing in his 22nd game, scored off a long ball by Ousted, who earned an assist. "I just tried to put it on his chest and luckily he made some magic out it," Ousted said. After taking the pass from Ousted, Hurtado dribbled left between three Crew players then unleashed a rising shot from 21 yards that settled in the upper left corner past the outstretched arms of goalkeeper Steve Clark. "I chested it toward the goal," Hurtado said. "I got a little touch that set me up for the shot and kept my eye on the ball. I connected with it smoothly. "It hit my sweet spot right on my left foot. It felt good. When I saw it go past the keeper, I knew it was going under the crossbar." Columbus pushed for the equalizer at the onset of the second half only to see Ousted come up big, diving to his right to get a hand on a shot by Jimenez in the 48th minute. "The guys in front of me did really well, especially in the second half, blocking a lot of shots and clearing a lot of things," Ousted said. "It got hectic like it always does when you only have a one-goal lead. We handled it pretty well." Striker Omar Salgado, the Whitecaps first-ever draft pick in 2011, returned to the club after being loaned to the Charleston Battery (USL Pro) in March. He replaced Hurtado in the 74th minute for his first MLS game since October 2012, and nearly scored in the 88th minute. His breakaway chip shot over Clark rolled past the right post, however. The Whitecaps next play Wednesday at home against Toronto FC in the second leg of the Amway Canadian Championship semifinal. TFC won 2-1 on May 7. Clinton Portis Womens Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Kings werent playing their best hockey before the league went on break during the Winter Olympics. Art Monk Jersey . The 26-year-old Regina native teamed up with Denny Morrison and Mathieu Giroux to win gold in 2010. Makowsky also was 13th in the 5,000 metres and 19th in the 1,500m in Vancouver. He also represented Canada at the 2014 Games in Sochi, helping the pursuit team finish fourth and finishing 28th in the 1,500. http://www.redskinsfansproshop.com/Redskins+Darrell+Green+Rush+Jersey.html?cat=1294 . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling repeatedly disparaged Magic Johnsons HIV-positive status in an interview that aired Monday, saying he was not a fit role model for children and dismissing his work in business and charity. The interview with CNNs Anderson Cooper was meant to be a mea culpa in Sterlings first public comments since racist recordings emerged last month and earned him a lifetime NBA ban, but when the subject turned to Johnson, who was mentioned in the recordings, Sterling is anything but apologetic. "Hes got AIDS!" Sterling said loudly at one point, cutting off Cooper as the interviewer attempted to cite Johnsons accomplishments after Sterling asked, "What has he done, big Magic Johnson, what has he done?" Sterling changed course briefly during the interview to call Johnson "a good person," but resumed his criticism. "He acts so holy," Sterling said. "He made love to every girl in every city in America, and he had AIDS, and when he had those AIDS, I went to my synagogue and I prayed for him, I hope he could live and be well. I didnt criticize him. I could have. Is he an example for children?" Cooper corrected Sterling, explaining that Johnson was HIV-positive but did not have "full-blown AIDS." Sterling briefly adjusted his language but not his tonee. Charley Taylor Womens Jersey. "What kind of a guy goes to every city, has sex with every girl, then he catches HIV. Is that someone we want to respect, and tell our kids about?" Sterling said. "I think he should be ashamed of himself." Johnson, who is scheduled to appear on Coopers show to reply on Tuesday, wrote on his Twitter account that "Id rather be talking about these great NBA Playoffs than Donald Sterlings interview." Johnson later Tweeted, "After this week, no more Sterling talk." The comments earned Sterling a quick rebuke from NBA commissioner Adam Silver, who handed down a lifetime ban and $2.5 million fine against Sterling last month. "I just read a transcript of Donald Sterlings interview with Anderson Cooper and while Magic Johnson doesnt need me to, I feel compelled on behalf of the NBA family to apologize to him that he continues to be dragged into this situation and be degraded by such a malicious and personal attack," Silver said. "The NBA Board of Governors is continuing with its process to remove Mr. Sterling as expeditiously as possible." Just a day earlier, Johnson and the commissioner sat together at the Clippers playoff game against the Oklahoma City Thunder, though Johnson had Tweeted that he would never again attend a Clippers game while Sterling was owner. ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Erik Hurtado wanted to make sure his first start of the season for Vancouver wasnt his last, and he came throu

in Haus der Smith´s 31.01.2023 21:43
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: