Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

Milos Raonic battled to win the fourth five-set match of his career Friday as he advanced to the fourth round of the French Open

in Kino 29.07.2019 03:38
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

Milos Raonic battled to win the fourth five-set match of his career Friday as he advanced to the fourth round of the French Open. Roberto Osuna Jersey . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. Raonic fired 19 aces but rode a roller coaster as he was broken while serving for victory. But the 23-year-old then broke Simon to go up 6-5, and earned the victory in the ensuing game when Simon hit a long return on match point. Raonic advanced with 60 winners and six of 12 break points converted, but also committed 74 unforced errors. "It was just incredible to play a tough opponent like Gilles, Im very content with this win," said Raonic. "We were on court a long time and Im a bit tired. When I was broken serving for it, I just told myself I had to break back and go from there. I stayed calm. "This is my first fourth round here and its a very important win for me. Its also my first in a big showcourt like this at a Grand Slam. Its all super for me, I want to continue." Hector Rondon Jersey . The 20-year-old Barkley, whose impressive form this season could earn him a place in Englands World Cup squad, was hurt in Evertons 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup on Jan. Hector Rondon Astros Jersey . While coach Doc Rivers high-fived fans and pumped his fist at the crowd, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul quietly congratulated each other. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/gerrit-cole-astros-jersey/ . 1 Caroline Wozniacki and three-time champion Serena Williams cruised into the semifinals, while last years runner-up Vera Zvonareva succumbed to Aussie Samantha Stosur in Thursdays womens quarterfinal action at the U.NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Defending champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic advanced to the semifinals of the New Haven Open, beating Russias Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 on Thursday. Romanias Simona Halep also advanced, topping Russias Ekaterina Makarova 6-1, 7-6 (6). Rain delayed the start of play in both matches by more than an hour and a half, and each included hour-long rain delays during play. It was the third three-set match of the tournament for Kvitova, who leads the WTA Tours top 100 players with 29 this season. She improved to 18-11 in those contests. Pavlyuchenkova started strong, breaking Kvitova in the first game of the match and three times in the first set. But the former Wimbledon champion bounced back as she has throughout the tournament. She broke serve four times in the second set, and twice in the third. "I know Im playing a lot of three set matches, thats why I probably know if I lose the first set, still I can go to the third," Kvitova said. "I dont feel like without energy in the third set, so thats good sign, too." Pavlyuchenkova was able to save one match point in the 10th game, but double-faulted on the second. Halep and Makarova were forced to the grandstand court by the rain. Fewer than 20 fans watched as Halep jumped out early, taking the first 6-1 while breaking Makarovas serve four times. The second rain delay came with the players tied at 1-1 in the second, and when play resumed MMakarova made a run, winning the next two games. Jose Altuve Jersey. "I was a little bit nervous after (the rain)," Halep said. "I played really slow after. But I came back from 4-2 again and I did well." The Romanian broke serve in the eighth game, and won the tiebreaker 8-6. She is looking for her fourth tournament title this summer and said she likes where her game is heading into next weeks U.S. Open. "Im a bit tired right now," she said. "But I want to play tomorrow, to try my best. After that I will see what will happen." This is the first quarterfinal in the tournaments history that didnt include either of the top two seeds. Sara Errani and Angelique Kerber both lost earlier in the week in the second round. Kvitova, Wozniacki and Stephens were the only seeded players to make it past round two. Halep will play the winner of Thursday nights marquee quarterfinal match between four-time New Haven champion Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark and rising American star Sloane Stephens. Kvitova will face Russias Elena Vesnina or the Czech Republics Klara Zakopalova. The players got a little excitement before play began Thursday. A fire alarm, caused by smoke from someone cooking in the players lounge, forced the evacuation of the Connecticut Tennis Center for about 15 minutes. "It was OK, when we were waiting for the match, some fun," Kvitova said. "I wasnt cooking, so thats good." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: