Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

SAN DIEGO -- Josh Johnson was looking for a team close to his Las Vegas home, and the San Diego Padres were looking for a potent

in Haus der Smith´s 19.07.2019 10:13
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Josh Johnson was looking for a team close to his Las Vegas home, and the San Diego Padres were looking for a potential top-of-the rotation pitcher. Khari Willis Jersey . The sides quickly agreed on an $8 million, one-year contract that was finalized on Wednesday. The Padres, coming off a second straight finish of 76-86, hope theyre getting the Johnson who was an All-Star with Miami in 2009 and 2010 and not the one slowed by triceps and forearm injuries last year while with Toronto. General manager Josh Byrnes said the Padres decided that if they could find a starter who had the chance to a difference-maker, they were going to pursue him. "Heres a guy who led the league in ERA who has been a dominant pitcher," Byrnes said. "We know theres risk in any signing but were very excited about the upside, what he can bring and now what our rotation can do to deliver us toward our goal. We want to be an October team. We really feel like the evolution of our starting pitching and bringing in Josh, weve taken a big step in that direction over the last 12 months." The Padres have had losing records in four of the last five seasons and have missed the playoffs seven straight seasons. Johnson, who had bone spurs removed from his right elbow on Oct. 1, was 2-8 with a 6.20 ERA 16 appearances this season. In addition to his base salary, Johnson would earn a $1.25 million bonus for making 26 starts. He said the top teams on his list were the Giants and Padres, and that he and his agent jumped at the first good offer. "Every time you come in here you want to stay here," Johnson said. "The parks great, the citys great, so those two things, thats pretty much what you want. Its a great park to pitch in. That and the staff, and then the team, its a perfect fit." While not saying who is going to be the No. 1 starter, manager Bud Black said he envisions Johnson fitting in at the top of the order along with Andrew Cashner and Tyson Ross. "Hes done it in the past," Black said. "Obviously hes had some great performances." Add in Ian Kennedy and Eric Stults, and "We have the makings of a very solid rotation," Black said. The Padres also expect to get young pitchers Joe Wieland and Cory Luebke back from reconstructive elbow surgery. Casey Kelly also is recovering from elbow surgery. Johnson led the NL with a 2.30 ERA in 2010. He has a career record of 58-45 with a 3.40 ERA. "Ive seen Josh from the other side, when he was with Toronto, when he was with Florida," Black said. "This guy, potentially for us, brings a lot to the table. Were really, really pumped to have Josh here." The Padres expect Johnson to be ready to go by spring training. "I was pretty close last year, just not healthy," Johnson said. "It was tough trying to throw through it and all of a sudden Im getting these weird pains all the way up my triceps and my forearms getting tight because of everything going on with my elbow. Hopefully that took care of everything." NOTES: The Padres will make a corresponding move on the 40-man roster when Johnsons signing is confirmed by MLB. ... Byrnes said Luebke threw to college players at San Diego State on Saturday and did fine. Pat McAfee Jersey .J. -- Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils took a lot of grief considering his scored the first of his career-best three goals just 12 seconds into a crucial game against the Florida Panthers. Andrew Luck Colts Jersey .com) - Hassan Whiteside scored 20 points with nine rebounds in the Miami Heats 83-75 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltspro.com/Darius-leonard-colts-jersey/ .com) - Charlie Davies netted a pair of goals, including the series-winner on Saturday, as the New England Revolution battled the New York Red Bulls to a 2-2 draw in the second leg of the Eastern Conference Championship at Gillette Stadium and advanced to MLS Cup final via a thrilling 4-3 aggregate victory.SEATTLE – After a minor setback, back tightness, pushed his expected return back one day, Adam Lind is scheduled to return to the Blue Jays lineup in time for Tuesday nights game in Seattle. Linds bat has been sorely missed against right-handed pitching. Hes posted a .369/.434/.570 slash line against righties. Each of his four home runs and 17 total extra-base hits has come off right-handers. The news is almost as positive on Encarnacion. He will begin a minor league rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Buffalo on Tuesday night. The Blue Jays are targeting Friday night in Chicago for Encarnacions return. Despite missing more than five weeks with a quadriceps strain, Encarnacions 26 home runs rank as the fifth-most in baseball this season. MILLS ONE AND DONE Left-hander Brad Mills, added to the roster to offer the Blue Jays bullpen depth, pitched 2 1/3 innings in relief of Drew Hutchison in Mondays 11-1 loss to the Mariners. He allowed five runs on four hits and three walks while striking out two. Mills was designated for assignment after the game, a move which removes him from the 40-man roster. In two appearances with the Blue Jays this season (the other, two innings of eight-run ball on July 21 versus Boston), Mills has pitched to an ERA of 27.00. THE DAY AFTER THE EVENING BEFORE Chad Jenkins six innings of work on Sunday marked his longest outing of the season. He threw 73 pitches, tying his second-highest total of the year. During one of his on option stints with Triple-A Buffalo, Jenkins was a starter. He threw a season-high 82 pitches over 5 1/3 innings on May 29. His other 73-pitch appearance came in the game prior, a five inning outing. "A little sore. My backs a little tight. The plane ride obviously didnt help much (Sunday) night," said Jenkins. "Other than that I feel great. I threw today. My arm feels fantastic. Hopefully Ill be ready to go in a couple of days." Never before had the Blue Jays played in a 19-inning game. Never before had the franchise competed for more than six hours in a single day. "Its more fun to know that Im part of Blue Jays history," said Jenkins. "(Pitching coach) Pete (Walker) came in and hes like, Hey, you broke my record. Im like, What record? and he goes, I was the winning pitcher for the longest game and he goes I threw four innings in relief so you not only one-upped me but you did it in a longer game." Just to correct the record, Walker pitched the final three innings of thee Blue Jays 18-inning, 2-1 win over the Angels on July 28, 2005. Pat McAfee Womens Jersey. Aaron Loup pitched the final inning and got the win in the franchises only other 18-inning game, a 4-3 win over Texas on June 8, 2013. Brad Lincoln had pitched the previous four innings. Jenkins is on his fifth recall of the season. Hes spent more time driving the QEW between Toronto and Buffalo than anyone would care to. Following Sundays game, with the bullpen used up, it would have made business sense to option Jenkins to Buffalo for a fresh arm. The club did add left-hander Brad Mills to the roster on Monday but at the expense of infielder Ryan Goins. "After (Sundays) game, you send him down, that can be a morale killer," said manager John Gibbons. "You know, (with) what he did for the guys." "Its a huge confidence boost to know that Gibby and Pete and all those guys were fighting for me. They wanted me to stay," said Jenkins. "Its a huge pick-me-up because I was sitting there thinking in the bullpen, Well, Im definitely going to get sent down after this game so I might as well go out with a bang. It was nice. We got the W and I got to make a plane flight." DICKEY WAS NEXT Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey would have been the Blue Jays next pitcher had Sundays marathon with the Tigers gone to a 20th inning. "Its been a while since I came out of the pen so I just got myself as hot as I could get myself and just shut it down and was going to start playing catch again with two outs," said Dickey. "But when we got first and third with nobody out (in the 19th), I just was hoping, hoping, and we did. We pulled it off." Dickeys last relief appearance came in his 2012 Cy Young season with the Mets. It didnt go well. He pitched the ninth inning of an 8-5 loss to the Dodgers at Citi Field on July 21 of that year, giving up two runs. Having started on Friday, Sunday was Dickeys bullpen day. He threw his side session prior to the game and also did a heavy weight lift. Hed have done his best. Maybe hed have felt less pressure entering a situation with which he was unaccustomed? Take the "nothing to lose" mentality? "Thats one way to go," said Dickey. "Or the other way is, my teammates have just busted their ass for 19 innings and its up to you now, off the bench cold, to try to help out. There are a bunch of mindsets to try to cling on to. You try to cling to the one that gets you to your happy place." ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: SAN DIEGO -- Josh Johnson was looking for a team close to his Las Vegas home, and the San Diego Padres were looking for a potent

in Haus der Smith´s 31.01.2023 21:42
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: