Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

KAMLOOPS, B. [url=http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-sam-mills-blue-jersey/]Sa m Mills Panthers Jersey[/url] .C. - Canadia

in Wolfblood 18.07.2019 10:14
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

KAMLOOPS, B. Sam Mills Panthers Jersey .C. - Canadian head coach Doug Derraugh knows his team cant keep relying on dramatic third periods against the United States.Canada scored twice in the final five minutes on Wednesday in a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over the Americans in round-robin play at the Four Nations Cup, a game reminiscent of the womens gold-medal final at the Sochi Olympics when Canada scored late in regulation and again in overtime to stun the U.S.Derraugh — who is in his first tournament as head coach and will also lead the team at next years world championship — said nerves played a role for his young team in front of the home crowd early, but added a better overall effort will be required moving forward.I thought we settled in a little bit as the game went on, said Derraugh, whose team sits at 2-0 and already has a spot in Saturdays final locked up. There were moments where I thought we played really well, and I thought there were moments where we struggled.I think if were going to have success against (the U.S.) any time from here on out that we would need to play a stronger game than we did Wednesday.The United States can guarantee a rematch in the championship game of the four-team tournament with a regulation victory over Sweden (0-2) in its round-robin finale on Friday, while anything less would put the Canada versus Finland (1-1) result in play later that evening.Canada and the United States are both using the tournament to evaluate young players ahead of the 2018 Olympics, but they arent the only ones looking to leave a mark on their respective national programs.Derraugh, who was an assistant with Canada in 2012 and coaches the womens team at Cornell University in the NCAA, said the Four Nations is also a chance for him to show he belongs at this level beyond the spring of 2015.In coaching youre always looking to challenge yourself. You want to learn and I think this was a great opportunity for me to learn more, said the Arnprior, Ont., native. Im always trying to get better and this is certainly a good stage to put yourself on to force yourself to work harder and get better.When you get an opportunity to represent your country at this level its certainly an honour. Im humbled by it and certainly want to do the best job I can.The same goes for the Canadian players given leadership roles in Kamloops. Hayley Wickenheiser and Jayna Hefford are among the 10 veterans who were left at home, meaning that players like captain Haley Irwin and assistants Rebecca Johnston, Lauriane Rougeau and Natalie Spooner are being given a chance to grab the torch.Youve got some of the older players not on the squad at this time and its an opportunity for some of the players that havent been in a leadership role to step up and help us in that regard and help develop their leadership skills, said Derraugh. Whether theyre the next leadership group or not, it will help them in the future because theyll have had that and theyll know what its like to be in those roles.I think thats really helpful for a player if you are the captain, but its also really helpful if youre not the captain in the future so you know the pitfalls and you know what its like.At just 26, Irwin said it has been an adjustment being one of the senior players on the squad.Our rosters a lot different. Its weird to say Im a vet on this team, she said. Its definitely a new role for a few of us, but definitely one were embracing.The U.S. also has a lot of youngsters trying to cut their teeth, as well as a coach who is also getting his first experience at this level.Former NHL defenceman Ken Klee coached with the U.S. under-22 program before being asked to lead the senior team at the Four Nations. As it stands now, Klees commitment ends after Saturdays final, but he also sees the tournament as an audition.Thats the way the coaching gig is. Youre here for now and doing the best you can, said Klee, who played 934 games with seven NHL teams before retiring after 2008-09 season. Its that way for the young players and the same for me as a coach. Im enjoying it and trying to do the best job I can.Its a great opportunity. When youre a coach and you have a chance to work with elite-level athletes who want to get better everyday, thats a great situation.Derraughs team already knows it will be playing the final, but he still wants a 60-minute effort from Canada against the Finns, who lost 5-0 to the U.S. before topping Sweden 1-0.Were looking for strong execution of our game plan and see the habits that are going to make us successful not only at this tournament, but in the future, said Derraugh. Right now it hasnt been consistent. Until we get to that point where we are consistently doing the things we need to do its going to be tough.Notes: Canada has won the Four Nations Cup a total 13 times, while the U.S. took top spot in the other five. ... The Americans finished third as the hosts last year in Lake Placid, N.Y., behind Canada and Finland. ... The womens world hockey championship will be held from March 28 to April 4 in Malmo, Sweden. Jordan Scarlett Youth Jersey . -- Conner Bleackley got it done in regulation time and in the shootout. Christian Miller Jersey . In question is whether 26-year-old Matt Frattin will be on it. A a€?mediocrea€? training camp, as Carlyle put it earlier this week, has Frattin lingering nervously on the bubble at the end of the exhibition season, pushed out of a likely job by Brandon Kozun, the small, but feisty winger determined to make the NHL for the first time. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-curtis-samuel-blue-jersey/ .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude.NEW YORK -- Re-Enter Sandman? The New York Yankees selected Mariano Rivera III, the son of the former record-breaking closer, in the 29th round of the Major League Baseball draft on Saturday. The 20-year-old Rivera, a starting pitcher as a sophomore at Iona College, went 2-6 with a 5.40 ERA and five complete games and a team-leading 50 strikeouts in 70 innings for the Gaels. The 5-foot-11 right-hander bears a strong resemblance physically to his famous father, who saved a major league-record 652 games and helped lead the Yankees to five World Series titles. But Rivera III allowed 72 hits and opponents batted .269 against him, and he was considered by many to be a fringe prospect because of his inexperience on the mound. Yankees manager Joe Girardi spoke to Mariano Rivera recently and asked him for a scouting report on his son. "Mo wasnt sure if he got drafted what he would do," Girardi said before the Yankees played the Royals in Kansas City on Saturday night. Luke Kuechly Youth Jersey. "But I think its neat he got drafted by the Yankees and well see what happens." Rivera III has a fastball that sits in the low-90s and a terrific slider -- although his cutter isnt quite yet as devastating as his dads. He also wore the No. 6 at Iona, rather than his fathers familiar No. 42. "Well, his velocity, I mean, hes gotten bigger and stronger and its increased," Girardi said. "Mo didnt have much to say -- Mos always been a humble guy -- but he loves what hes doing." Rivera transferred to Iona from Quinnipiac and was originally an outfielder before redshirting and moving to the mound last year, when he pitched in 11 games for the Gaels. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: