Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

TORONTO - When Matt Black was a 16-year-old playing in the Ontario Varsity Football League, younger brother Eric was the teams w

in Wolfblood 19.03.2019 04:29
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

TORONTO - When Matt Black was a 16-year-old playing in the Ontario Varsity Football League, younger brother Eric was the teams water boy. Salomon Shoes Clearance . Thats as close as the Blacks — separated by six years — have come to playing together, until now. The Toronto Argonauts selected Eric with the 38th overall pick in Tuesday nights CFL draft, six years after they drafted Matt — the latest and most exciting chapter in the siblings story. "It was crazy. Its hard to talk about it," Eric said Wednesday. "Its something Ive been working for and dreaming about since I watched my brother do it. And to get drafted to any team, let alone my hometown, with my brother, its just a team come true." Eric, 23, and 29-year-old Matt met with the media at the Argonauts downtown office on Wednesday, their first duty together as teammates. Matt helped Eric thread a television mic down his shirt, joking "He cant even dress himself." The brothers were following the draft together their parents Toronto home when Erics name came up alongside the Argos. Their mom Marlane cried. Dad Donovan said: "Its time to get to work." "I leapt up. . . Im staying home, Im staying home," Eric said. The brothers, who both attended Torontos Northern Secondary School, grew up playing numerous sports — baseball, soccer, rugby, track and field. They took different paths to the CFL. Matt, a 5-10 safety who was taken 45th overall by the Argos in 2008, played college ball at Saginaw Valley State. Eric, a defensive back whos a couple inches taller than his older brother, played in the CIS at St. Marys University. But Matt has been instrumental in Erics development, the younger brother said. "Id watch him do everything and try to emulate him, and hes set a good path for me," Eric said. "To have my older brother, whos been teaching me how to handle myself in life and on the field, be on the same team as me, its great." Matt wiped away a tear as Eric spoke to reporters. "Ive always wanted to have that opportunity (to play together)," Matt said. "He was always just a year away from playing with me or two years away from playing with me. So its always been close but no cigar. Now the fact that were going to get to suit up for the Argos, I think the only person happier than me is my mom. Its an awesome dream come true. "Hes worked so hard for this opportunity, hes done everything he needed to do and thats what makes me so proud of him, how hard hes worked." Matt began his Argos career on special teams, but persevered to become a solid safety with the team. Eric hopes to do the same. "Matt is the grind story, what a lot of Canadians wish to be, they start off on special teams, might not get to start right away, but you work your way up, you cut your teeth and now hes a vet, a contributing member on this team," Eric said. Any good feelings between siblings will be put aside during Argos rookie initiations, the brothers said laughing. "I dont think hes going to spare me the rod at all," Eric said. Added Matt: "If anything, his spears going to be sharper than everyone elses. Hes going to get it worse. Ill definitely be calling him up to sing at rookie camp nice and early, so hed better have a good song. If it sucks, hes going again." Argonauts GM Jim Barker said the club knows its getting a solid person in Eric. "You know a little more about him because Matt is such a quality person in the community, hes the kind of guy you want to have in your organization," Barker said. "You know coming from that family, hes going to be similar. Those kinds of things help. Eric we know really well because of Matt, and that helped making the pick." Barker added with a laugh that Matt was down at the Argos office on Tuesday afternoon "politicking" for Eric. He believes the younger brother will be on a faster track to adjusting to the team, "just because hes going to have Matt whos telling him things that he sees that hes doing that he can do better. "Matt is a veteran guy, one of the most veteran guys we have, so obviously that helps Eric. But hes going to have to produce on the field, and hes going to have to be the best guy for this team in order to be a guy who sticks." Barker said the team was pleased with the eight players it acquired in a draft that saw five first-round trades as well as another involving an early second-round selection. "It was just such a bizarre draft, it was one like none Ive ever been in," Barker said. "There was no telling what was going to happen." The Argos kicked off the first round with a trade that saw them land running back Anthony Coombs (Manitoba Bisons) third overall. "We were very excited, we had obviously the guy we wanted out the draft the most was Anthony Coombs, and we were able to trade up and get him," Barker said. The Argos went on to select Jas Dhillon, a 6-3, 300-pound offensive lineman UBC, Thomas Miles, a linebacker from the Manitoba Bisons, University of Montreal running back Alexandre Dupuis, Evan Pszczonak, a wide receiver out of the University of Windsor, Tore Corrado, a wide receiver from Simon Fraser University, and Acadia defensive lineman Kirby Fletcher. Salomon Shoes Sale Uk . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Salomon Clearance Uk . Louis Cardinals a hard-fought victory. The Colorado Rockies intentionally walked Yadier Molina with one out and runners on first and third to load the bases for Kozma. http://www.salomonsaleuk.com/ . Henry, who missed three games with a knee injury, was charged with a handball in the penalty area in the 82nd minute as he went to block a strike from Patrick Mullins. On the ensuing penalty kick, Lee Nguyen picked up his fourth goal of the season, giving the Revolution a 2-1 win Saturday afternoon.GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Alfredo Simon has spent most of his major league career as a reliever. Hes going to get a chance to be a starter for the Cincinnati Reds at the start of spring training. Mat Latos has been slowed by knee surgery, so manager Bryan Price has decided to use Simon as a starter during spring training. The idea is to get him ready to pitch more innings in case hes needed when the season begins. Latos had minor surgery to repair torn cartilage in his left knee when camp opened. Hes making good progress, but the injury left him behind in his throwing program. Simon made 16 starts for Baltimore in 2011 and welcomes the chance to move into a starters role, even if its only temporary. "Im ready to go," Simon said. "I know it has been two years (since) I have started a game, but if I get the opportunity, Im going to show Bryan Price that I can be a starter." The 32-year-old had started a total of three games in the majors when the Orioles moved him into the rotation in 2011. He went 4-9 with a 4.90 ERA in 16 starts and seven relief appearances that season. The Reds claimed him off waiverrs from the Orioles on April 3, 2012. Salomon Shoes Sale Online. He has been a valuable right-handed reliever for Cincinnati, going 3-2 with a 2.66 ERA in 36 relief appearances in 2012 and 6-4 with a 2.87 ERA in a career-high 63 appearances last season. Price planned to use him out of the bullpen again until Latos got hurt. Left-hander Tony Cingrani was the main option as an extra starter last season, but has the fifth spot in the rotation this year. "We do know we are short one starter right now without Mat," Price said. "If we were to have any setbacks where Mat was not ready to start the season, we have to look at the group we have and that would include Simon. "He has the starters background. He has a very, very durable arm. We have to look at him in longer stretches." If Latos is ready to pitch at the start of the season, Simon can move back into the bullpen. "I like starting," Simon said. "I am here to do whatever they want. All of my career (in the minors) I was a starter. Sometimes I would throw one or two innings. I can do more than that. I wanted to keep pitching. I miss it." ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: TORONTO - When Matt Black was a 16-year-old playing in the Ontario Varsity Football League, younger brother Eric was the teams w

in Wolfblood 31.01.2023 21:38
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

RE: TORONTO - When Matt Black was a 16-year-old playing in the Ontario Varsity Football League, younger brother Eric was the teams w

in Wolfblood 31.01.2023 21:38
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: