Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

DENVER - Corey Dickerson is still wondering why he was at the centre of a near scrum. [url=http://www.clearanceshoesuk.com/]Shoe

in Wolfblood 19.03.2019 04:28
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

DENVER - Corey Dickerson is still wondering why he was at the centre of a near scrum. Shoes UK Online Shop Cheap . Dickerson hit Atlanta catcher Gerald Laird with his backswing and tempers quickly flared, setting off a tense sequence and leading to several ejections Thursday as the Colorado Rockies beat the Braves 10-3. The Rockies led 8-3 in the eighth when Dickerson fouled away a pitch and knocked off Lairds facemask. "It was on a two-strike slider on a backswing that I hit Laird, but it was an accident and I think they know that," Dickerson said. A stunned Laird was on the ground for several minutes before walking off the field under his own power and being replaced by Evan Gattis. "Hes OK," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "They did all the concussion tests and the doctor cleared him to fly back with us. Im sure hes going to be a little sore. Dickersons backswing got him more on the jaw than on the head. I think we dodged a bullet there." With his next pitch, Atlanta reliever David Carpenter hit Dickerson in the thigh and was ejected. "I guess Carpenter thought it was on purpose," Dickerson said. Rockies manager Walt Weiss bolted from the dugout and began yelling at Carpenter, as well as in the general direction of Gonzalez. Weiss was held back by home plate umpire Jordan Baker before being ejected. When he returned to the dugout, Weiss smashed a bat against the wall. "If you think a guy can foul a ball off and then at the same time hit the catcher on the backswing on purpose, you got no clue," Weiss said. "They made their decision. They made a bad choice." Carpenter denied throwing at Dickerson. "I tried to run a fastball in on him, it cut a little bit and caught him," he said. "Dickerson was looking at me and I thought, You just got hit, go to first base, thats all there is to it. Get on with the next batter. I was surprised getting tossed out of the game there, I was preparing for the next hitter." In the ninth, Rockies reliever Nick Masset hit Gattis in the hip with a pitch. Both Masset and Rockies bench coach Tom Runnells were immediately tossed. Jhoulys Chacin (1-4) pitched seven scoreless innings for his first win of the season, backed by home runs from Charlie Blackmon and Justin Morneau. Chacin, who missed the first month of the season with a right shoulder strain, struck out five and walked two. Rookie Tommy La Stella was the only Braves player to get a hit off him, singling in the second and doubling in the fifth. In his toughest inning, with the Rockies ahead 3-0, Chacin issued consecutive one-out walks in the seventh to Chris Johnson and La Stella but got out of the jam by getting Andrelton Simmons to ground into a double play. "I didnt feel that good today," Chacin said. "I was just trying to make my pitches. I was keeping my pitches down and trying to get ahead and thats pretty much what I did. Any time youre throwing strikes, youre usually going to get good results." Ervin Santana (5-3) struck out eight in 6 1-3 innings and scattered seven hits but two of them went for home runs. Chacin, who did not receive any run support in three of his outings and totalled just 10 overall in his seven previous starts, helped himself early. He singled in the third ahead of Blackmons home run. It was the 12th home run of the season from Blackmon, all from the leadoff spot, which leads the majors and is the most by a Rockies player in the No. 1 spot in team history. Morneau connected on Santanas first offering in the sixth for his 11th of the season, a two-out drive that sailed over the centre field wall into the Braves bullpen. The Rockies pulled away with a five-run seventh, getting an RBI single from Charlie Culberson and a sacrifice fly from pinch-hitter Ryan Wheeler. Josh Rutledge scored from third on a wild pitch by and Morneau delivered a bases-loaded single to drive in the final two runs of the inning. The Braves scored all their runs in the eighth on Jason Heywards RBI single and B.J. Uptons homer. After Carpenter was ejected, Anthony Varvaro took over and the Rockies added a pair of runs on RBI singles by pinch-hitter Brandon Barnes and Blackmon. NOTES: Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki was given a day off. ... Chacin fanned Gerald Laird in the fifth inning for his fourth strikeout of the game and the 500th of his career. Hes the seventh Rockies pitcher to reach the milestone. ... The Braves open a series against the Los Angeles Angels with RHP Aaron Harang (4-5) opposing C.J. Wilson (7-5) in the opener Friday. ... The Rockies travel to San Francisco, where Jorge De La Rosa (6-5) will face Tim Lincecum. Cheap Shoes Online Free Delivery . Josh Bailey had a goal and an assist as the New York Islanders earned a 2-1 win over Ottawa Wednesday, leaving the Senators five points out of a playoff spot with just five games to play and four teams ahead of them. Cheap Shoes Online UK Sale . The agreement comes a little more than one week after the video game manufacturer agreed to a $40 million settlement in a similar but separate case, bringing the total payout planned for athletes to $60 million, said Steve Berman, an attorney for the plaintiffs, and the NCAA. http://www.clearanceshoesuk.com/ . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves. MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Florida Gators are first yet again this season. Scottie Wilbekin scored 14 of his 23 points in the first half, and Florida became the first team to advance to the Final Four with a 62-52 win Saturday night over the 11th-seeded Dayton Flyers in the South Region final. The Gators reached their fifth Final Four after losing at this point in each of the past three NCAA tournaments. This time, they came in as the countrys top-ranked team and the overall No. 1 seed. Florida won its 30th straight game and improved to 36-2, topping the 35 wins by the 2007 national championship squad. Patric Young scored 12 points, and Michael Frazier II added 10 for Florida. The Gators will play either UConn or Michigan State in Arlington, Texas, in the national semifinal. Dyshawn Pierre of Whitby, Ont., led the Flyers (26-11) with 18 points. Devin Oliver added 12 points. Dayton came in trying to become only the fourth 11 seed to advance to the Final Four. The Flyers had upset Ohio State and Syracuse in reaching their first regional final since 1984. They missed their second Final Four and first since 1967 with Florida holding them to their lowest scoring game this season. The Flyers outshot Florida 39.6 per cent (19 of 48) to 37.5 per cent (18 of 48), but the Gators outrebounded them 37-26. They also had a massive edge at the free throw line (21 of 28) compared to Dayton (6 of 8). Florida finished the first half on a 15-1 run to take the lead for good, going up 38-24. The Flyers opened the second half with two quick 3s to pull within eight, only to watch the Gators push their lead to 17 with 11:35 left on a layup by Young. Shoes Clearance UK. . The Flyers kept coming but couldnt get closer than eight in the second half, the last at 58-50 as the Gators went cold down the stretch, once missing five shots on one possession. Dayton missed chances to cut the lead as Oliver missed a 3-pointer with 2:07 left, then Scoochie Smith threw it away trying to pass out to Matt Kavanaugh. Then Wilbekin ended the Gators scoring drought at 4:39 with a pair of free throws, and he hit four of six at the line to finish the game. Dayton took over the FedExForum so thoroughly that the Gators were booed when they came out for warm-ups and pre-game introductions. Archie Miller tried to use his deep bench, using 10 Flyers trying to wear out the Gators with sheer numbers. Florida coach Billy Donovan nearly matched Dayton by going nine deep himself. The Gators went cold for nearly 6 minutes between a dunk by Casey Prather with 11:55 left and a baseline drive by Frazier with 6:00 to go. The Flyers scored eight straight when Scoochie Smiths 3 gave them their first lead of the game at 21-19 with 6:58 remaining. Kendall Pollards layup tied up Florida for the last time at 23, then Dorian Finney-Smith hit a free throw with 4:22 left putting the Gators ahead to stay. As Florida went on its run, Dayton missed its final five shots. Finney-Smith grabbed a rebound of a missed 3 by Frazier and threw the ball back out so the Gators could finish the half by taking the last shot. Wilbekin then beat the buzzer with a 3-pointer that helped quiet the Flyers faithful for the first time all day. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: