Jeder kann sich anmelden ist sofort frei geschaltet

STILLWATER, Okla. [url=http://www.cheapairforce1.net/]Nike Air Force 1 Cheap China[/url] . -- Boosters and assistant coaches at

in Wolfblood 14.03.2019 03:52
von jokergreen0220 • 2.145 Beiträge

STILLWATER, Okla. Nike Air Force 1 Cheap China . -- Boosters and assistant coaches at Oklahoma State handed out tens of thousands of dollars to players for at least a decade as the program grew into a national power under coaches Les Miles and then Mike Gundy, according to a Sports Illustrated article released Tuesday. The article, which quoted several former players by name, said some players received $2,000 to $10,000 annually, with a few stars receiving $25,000 or more. Eight players told SI they received cash, while 29 others were named by teammates as taking money. The transgressions cited stretched from 2001 until at least 2011, the magazine said. Oklahoma State said it has notified the NCAA about the report and launched its own investigation. Sports Illustrated said its five-part series included interviews with more than 60 former players who played for Oklahoma State from 2001-10. Among the allegations of misconduct and potential NCAA violations are: -- An Oklahoma State assistant coach, Joe DeForest, paid cash bonuses to players of up to $500 for performance. -- Boosters and assistant coaches funneled money to players and provided sham jobs for which players were paid. -- Tutors and school personnel completed school work for players and professors gave passing grades for little or no work. -- The programs drug policy was selectively enforced, allowing some players to go unpunished for repeated positive tests. -- Some members of a hostess program used by the football coaching staff had sex with recruits. NCAA rules bar boosters from providing cash or other benefits based on athletic performance. NCAA spokeswoman Emily Potter declined comment when asked about Oklahoma State, citing the organizations longstanding policy. SI reported that eight former Cowboys told the magazine they had received cash payments tied and 29 others were named by teammates as having also taken money. Former player Calvin Mickens said he was handed cash in the locker room by a stranger after Oklahoma States 2005 season-opening victory, a game in which he played well. "I was like, Wow, this is the life!" Mickens told SI. "Im 18, playing football and I just got $200." He said he got money at other times, including $800 later that season after the game at Texas A&M, and saw teammates getting similar handouts. Former defensive tackle Brad Girtman said he saw some star players get "monster payments," while he once received $500 from a member of the football staff. Girtman said the rates were told to him by Joe DeForest, who ran special teams and the secondary under Miles and then was an associate head coach under Gundy, the current head coach, from 2005-11. Girtman also said he recalled DeForest handing him a debit card in 2003 with $5,000 on it and that it was periodically refilled. DeForest and assistant Larry Porter, the running backs coach from 2002-04, also made payments directly to players, SI reported. DeForest is now an assistant at West Virginia, which has launched an internal review. "While our assistant football coach has denied the allegations, it is the right thing to do to look into the matter and review practices here," athletic director Oliver Luck said. Texas mens athletics director DeLoss Dodds said Porter was questioned and "we do not have any issues with him at this time." Miles has said he didnt know of any improprieties while he was the Oklahoma State coach. "I can tell you this: We have always done things right," he said after LSUs game Saturday night in Baton Rouge, La. Energy tycoon T. Boone Pickens, the biggest booster of his alma mater, said he was disappointed the expose focused on Oklahoma State "a decade ago." "There have been wholesale changes at the school in recent years in leadership and facilities," he said. "During that time, I have given more than $500 million to OSU, for athletics and academics. Have I gotten my moneys worth? You bet. We have a football program that has a commitment to principled sportsmanship." Several former players under Miles told SI that boosters were highly visible -- in the locker room, on team flights and bus trips. After the Cowboys knocked off archrival Oklahoma in 2001, boosters approached key players and slipped cash into their hands, said former player Fath Carter. "We are talking about $500 handshakes," he told SI, which also detailed several examples of alleged sham jobs in which players were paid hundreds of dollars for little or no work by boosters. William Bell, a defensive end in 2004, said he and a teammate were directed by a member of the coaching staff to a boosters home to do a job. When they arrived, they were told their "job" for "a couple hundred dollars" was to fish for catfish at a nearby pond "And we got to keep all the fish we caught," Bell told SI. Gov. Mary Fallin said Tuesday that the allegations against her alma mater were "disturbing and disappointing" and that she is confident the schools administration will investigate the charges thoroughly. Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder said the school has notified the NCAA "and theyre going to assign an investigator." "Well reach out and get someone to stand with that investigator and go through the facts and at the end of the day, well come to some conclusions and well deal with those, prop ourselves back up, polish off that OSU brand and move on down the road," he said. Gundy, who is preparing the No. 13 Cowboys for their home opener on Saturday against Lamar, said he was confident the proper steps would be taken. The team said Tuesday no players will be made available to comment until after the game. "Im going to guess that once we get all the information and we see whats out there, then our administration, our people inside, will look at it and well see where we made mistakes," Gundy said. "And well try to make ourselves better and well correct it and then well move forward." Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Online . A lovely summer day in England with abundant sunshine and minimal wind allowed him to attack Royal Liverpool. Nike Air Force 1 Clearance .Michael Briscoe is serving a life sentence for sexual assault, kidnapping and first-degree murder in the death of 13-year-old Nina Courtepatte in 2005. http://www.cheapairforce1.net/ . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning.DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Alex Anthopoulos spoke volumes with what he didnt say on right-hander Ervin Santana. The Blue Jays had been in the mix for the former Kansas City Royal with several Toronto players making a public plea to sign the 33-year-old former all-star. But Santana, a Dominican who counts several Jays as friends, elected instead to sign with the injury-ravaged Atlanta Braves. "I probably dont want to comment on how close I felt we got or didnt get," the Blue Jays general manager said Wednesday. Anthopoulos deflected many questions on Santana, leaving the impression he was not happy with the way the process had gone. Asked if he felt used, he said "No, no. But (thats) probably the only thing Im going to say." Money and terms apparently werent factors in Santanas decision to sign with Atlanta. "He had a strong desire to pitch in the NL and there was no way to compete with that," said Anthopoulos, who is also Torontos senior vice-president of baseball operations. Was that always the case, he was asked? "Very good question," Anthopoulos replied, before suggesting it was better directed at the pitchers camp. However the Jays GM did say he was told "recently" of that strong NL interest. Such hints aside, Anthopoulos was clearly looking to take the high road, "Obviously its done. He made his decision. Hes in Atlanta. Great signing for them. I wish him the best. Sorry it didnt work out with us." Certainly the NL East, home to the .sub-500 Miami Marlins, New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies last season, might seem more hospitable than the thorny AL East. Especially when Santana is eligible for free agency again after this season. Santana has spent his entire career in the American League, with eight seasons as a Los Angeles Angel before being traded to the Royals in 2013. His career record is 105-90 with a 4.19 ERA. He became a free agent after turning down a US$14.1-million qualifying one-year offer from the Royals. Its the same deal he accepted from the Braves and likely in the same ballpark as the Jays offer. Minnesota reportedly tendered a thrree-year offer but at a lesser annual rate. Cheap Nike Air Force 1 Wholesale. Unlike last off-season, the Jays have been quiet in player acquisitions. So the Santana snub stands front and centre. Anthopoulos said everyone in the organization wanted Santana to become a Jay. "I think we all feel we did everything we could," he added. With Josh Johnson gone and question-marks over J.A. Happ and Ricky Romero, the Jays have been looking to bolster a starting rotation that features R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and Brandon Morrow. Asked about the paucity of additions, Anthopoulos instead pointed to the healthy return of players like outfielder Melky Cabrera and pitcher Drew Hutchison. "We think Drews got a chance to be outstanding and hes put himself in a great position to make this club. I think if he does make this club, hes got a chance to have a tremendous year." Anthopoulos acknowledged the questions from fans and other observers. "All that being said, I can understand skepticism that comes with the job, the performance we had on the field last year. I think we will show how good we are when we break (spring training). I think the guys that we have tremendous upside but we would have loved to add someone just to have depth." "We werent going to force a deal and do things we really didnt believe in just to make a splash," he added. The GM said the Jays were "extremely close" to landing another starting pitcher in a trade only to see it not happen. He did not provide any other details. Bottom line, he says, the Jays like their talent but know it lacks seasoning in some quarters. So the search continues for that experience. NOTES -- Happ, whose spring training progress has been delayed by back problems, threw a side session Tuesday and "everything felt good," according to manager John Gibbons. Closer Casey Janssen, who has had soreness in his shoulder, was scheduled to throw a side session Wednesday. Dustin McGowan is also back after losing eight pounds to the same stomach bug that hit fellow pitcher Sergio Santos. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: IPLpredict567
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2854 Themen und 7779 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: